the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Chrysler 200, satellite radio through factory radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
Not sure if this is posted in the right area but I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 and would like to connect satellite radio through my factory radio like the factory(no portable unit). I have Uconnect v5.0 with a 5" screen. Does anyone know of a company that can make my wishes come true.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
dairyboy3 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dairyboy3
Chrysler radios usually have the satellite tuners built into the actual radio itself. That's how it was on those cars in previous years. the satellite antenna actually plugged into the radio itself since the tuner was internal. Not sure on your car but I just worked on a 2015 Jeep and 2014 Charger and both had internal sat tuners in the radio.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2015 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
It's the radio has an internal tuner do I just plug and the antenna in and activate the satellite radio. If so do you usually use a factory antenna from the dealer or is there an antenna that you can get that will plug into the back of the radio that's aftermarket
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2015 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote DYohn
Check out a PAC IS32
Support the12volt.com
dairyboy3 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2015 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dairyboy3
If it already has the tuner internally it should have the antenna. Might have to pull the radio and find out. If it does You might have to get the radio reprogrammed at the dealer to make the satellite feature available. I added a factory backup cam to a 2014 Charger but he still had to take it to the dealer to reprogram the radio in order for it to work since I do not have the tool to do so.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic