the12volt.com spacer
icon

Keyless ignition

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2015 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
This product fits the bill:-
http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/18
No chip required if no OEM immobiliser fitted.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2015 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
howie ll wrote:
This product fits the bill:-
http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/18
That's a $179 solution. A junk-yard steering column should cost less than that.
I get 15-20 mini-relays for the cost of my $2 admission to pick-a-part. I pull relays out of under hood boxes and toss them in the bottom of my tool tote.
I've used my imagination while browsing the relay diagrams and come up with some cool solutions and devices for various "what-if's". I've built and installed a few in my cars and trucks. I get a rewarding feeling every time I use the device. It's something I came up with, built, installed, and it works. For virtually zero-cost.
The OP would get the same satisfaction from designing, building, and installing his own device every time he starts his car. I encourage him to do so.
But design in some safety features. Like foot on the brake or clutch to activate. Door-open kills the "Accy" feature. Etc. Be safe.
bluevolt 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2015 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bluevolt
Thank you davep finally someone who is ok with giving me info. to do what i'm asking. Not convincing me to not do it. I am an extreme DIYer I push to try to do everything until I'm physically unable or financially unable to.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2015 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
You have to design your own system. If you don't have a solid basic understanding of relay-logic circuits, you may not be able to design it, and this project is therefor "too much" for your current skill-set. No biggie, we all had to learn what we know from somewhere. Keep studying the diagrams, build some circuits, experiment. Teach yourself what you need to know. Get your system to work on the bench, then go for it live by installing it in the car.
I just did a 5 minute block sketch of the elements to what is needed for this device. I came up with 17 !!! relays to incorporate the features I would want in the system, (I guessed at the need for 6 relays for 2 ACCY, 2 IGN, and 2 Starter). (I don't know Honda's, so I'm not sure, and I didn't look up the wiring). Wow. While I have the capability and knowledge to design and draw this device out for you, I'm not going to. Here's why:
Certainly for liability, but mostly to avoid the frustration of attempting to do a system this complex over the internet. We had a guy on here awhile back that kept blowing fuses on his simple, everyone understands it, 5-wire lock system. It went on for weeks and 6+ pages. FINALLY, IIRC it was Ween or IAAI suggested that one of the relays was a different type than the normal SPDT that we all assumed it was that was causing the blown fuses. Someone finally thought of something new (which was "it"), but it took weeks and was frustrating for everyone. I learn from these episodes; I'm not going to expose myself to that kind of frustration. Sorry.
Here's some ideas for design features:
You have to design and incorporate your security features.
You have to identify and test the wires in your car for what has to be powered for start, run, and accy.
You have to design into the system, then interface into the car, your safety features.
You have to think about, design in, then install an over-ride feature in the event that the device fails at an in-opportune time for troubleshooting, like alongside a busy highway.
The relay array below is the foundation. The START/STOP button activates this array.
Each push of the button changes the state of the "12 Volt Output" (blue) from off to on, and back. Use this output for RUN relays.
#86 on the far left relay remains (-) as long as the button is depressed during the ON event, so use this trigger for START relays.
#86 on the far right relay is (-) trigger for STOP. Use this trigger to turn off the ACCY / ACTIVATE array. (Discussed below the image).
Don't connect the red "constant fused 12V" to a constant source. Use your security features and the brake pedal to activate a latched-on array to power the foundation. The output of this latch is also the ACCY function.
Keyless ignition - Page 2 -- posted image.
Browse the relay diagrams. There are several ways to do a latch-on array to power the foundation array (the red fused constant 12V hot), and the ACCY relays. Use your alarm aux output, and the brake switch (+) to energize this array for security and safety. Then use the (-) STOP output from the foundation array to turn off the AUX/ activate array.
Good luck. Study hard, patience, and you'll get it.
bluevolt 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2015 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bluevolt
Wow, thanks for your time and info. i definitely will start researching. i have pretty much a 100% understanding of my car electrical, now i just need to incorporate this "over ride" SYSTEM.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Quite right Davep it was IAAI and that Honda has 1 X start, 1 X Ign. and 2 X ACC.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic