the12volt.com spacer
icon

09 Altima Remote start/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lee buxbaum 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
Hey everyone,
I am in need of some help if you guys can. I am installing a 5904 Viper with a DBALL into my 2009 Nissan Altima coupe with smartkey. I have the units pre-wired according to the DBALL diagram. I need to know what wires on the 5904 still need to be hooked up. I also need a wiring diagram for the car, I can't find the one i had. I'm not a rookie, I have 22+ years installing and running stores, but I've been out of the game for 6 years and I admit I am a little rusty when it comes to this push to start integration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
If you download the DB-ALL instructions (Xpresskit) that will tell you all you need to know, gives you locations, colours etc.
The diagrams show you the R/S unit and what needs to be connected.
4 on the R/S with possibly two others, see diagram one.
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
I prewired the units according to the DB-All diagram #1. So there are only siren, parking light output, 12v and ground that need to be connected from the 5904 to function properly aside from what is on the DB-ALL diagram? That would be amazing. I do not have to hook up the heavy gauge starter/ignition/accessory wires? Except for Starter1 (+) output to the (+) brake wire. I am going to hook up the additional AUX outputs to stuff, so i know they will get used.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Absolutely correct and you can use a wire gauge for the ignition that's the same as the two wires it's connected to on the DB-ALL.
I looked at type 1 auto transmission install, couldn't see a starter wire anywhere, all handled by DB-ALL2 talking to the CAN network.
Sorry if I can't be thorough, never seen that vehicle in Europe, we have the Rogue alias Quashqai (daft name, I call them Cash Cows because there are so many of them sold here) and the Juke.
They relaunch Infinity every 5 years or so but they never sold, Audi BMW Mercedes and Lexus cleared the Maxi, Camry and Legend off the Euro market.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
1) Note: As far as I can see, yes to Siren, no to starter and parking lights, both work through the CAN connection at the OBD using you're doing this D2D.
2) Note: if anything fails to work through the DB-ALL2, just hardwire.
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
Amazing. Thank you for your time and knowledge. Pretty neat to be chatting with someone across the pond. Have a fantastic day. I'll check back in if I have any other questions. Thanks again
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
09 Altima Remote start/alarm -- posted image. one mistake, Note 1) CAN connection at the OBD assuming your doing this D2D rather than W2W.
D2D just use the solid wires, W2W solid and broken wires as per diagram.
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
doing D2D.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No starter or parking light connection required, look at diagram one if it's an automatic.
lee buxbaum 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee buxbaum
the starter wire gets connected to the (+) brake wire, so the RED / Black wire (fused 30amps) needs to get power as well. That should be it. I cant believe how many wires do not get used. Can Bus is awesome.
Lee Buxbaum
Electronics Technician
Stanley Black & Decker
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic