the12volt.com spacer
icon

icbm7071 alarm in 2005 Buick Rendezvous

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
antman1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2015 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
kreg357 wrote:

Download the correct EVO-ALL install guide and follow the Connection 3 wiring.  Only one wire to the car, everything else goes to the R/S.

Remember, you need F/W Ver 4.06.  Other versions won't work ( according to the install guide ).

That is incredible. I was expecting it to be like the others I have done but this EVO-ALL pretty much does the most of it. thank you. I had a couple of questions though in the changes you posted.
on 5 Pin Heavy Gauge Harness:
Red - 12 VOLT CONSTANT - ORANGE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Orange - ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 - ORANGE (+)@ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
(These 2 cant be the same Orange wire at the ignition harness are they?)
On the relay:
Pin 85 - to 7P Pin 2 ( also goes to ACC relay in relay pack )
Pin 86 - to Pin 87
Pin 87 - 12v Constant Fused (can tie into fused Red 12v constant above)
Pin 30 - Brown (+) 2nd Accessory wire at ignition switch
(Is Pin 86 going to loop to pin 87? and on Pin 85 I am not sure on which one is "7P Pin 2 and the ACC relay wire" and I may have made an error on Pin 30. Not sure what wire to connect for the spot I put Brown (+) 2nd accessory wire at ignition switch)
on 6 Pin Secondary (H2) Harness:
5 - BLACK/ White – to EVO-ALL Pink Tach output ** Program for Tach Mode
(this BLACK/ White wire is for "Dome Light Output (-)500 mA" and it is saying to have that go to Tach Wire on the EVO-ALL. I have Violet/White wire from the H4 harness for the tach signal)
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2015 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Here is a link to the ReadyRemote site for the wiring guide plus photo's of the wires :  http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp

They have a very nice photo of the ignition harness connector.

Point 1

on 5 Pin Heavy Gauge Harness:

Red - 12 VOLT CONSTANT - ORANGE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Orange - ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 - ORANGE (+)@ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
(These 2 cant be the same Orange wire at the ignition harness are they?)

Please use the ReadyRemote link posted above to assist in finding the correct ignition wires.  As a basic GM product you will find :

Ignition 1 = Pink
Ignition 2 = Dark Green  ( most other GM's have a White IGN2 wire )
Accessory 1 = Orange
Accessory 2 = Brown
Starter = Yellow
While there might be many wires in that area.  Testing and referring to the photo will identify the correct wires for the ICBM connections.

Point 2

On the relay:

Pin 85 - to 7P Pin 2 ( also goes to ACC relay in relay pack )
Pin 86 - to Pin 87
Pin 87 - 12v Constant Fused (can tie into fused Red 12v constant above)
Pin 30 - Brown (+) 2nd Accessory wire at ignition switch

(Is Pin 86 going to loop to pin 87? and on Pin 85 I am not sure on which one is "7P Pin 2 and the ACC relay wire" and I may have made

an error on Pin 30. Not sure what wire to connect for the spot I put Brown (+) 2nd accessory wire at ignition switch)

The relay is for the car's Accessory 2 wire.  This wire is Brown.  I changed the relay wiring slightly because I didn't want to use the

(-) GWR signal for both the relay and the EVO-ALL.  In my mind the EVO-ALL has priority and the ICBM only has one GWR output.
Yes, Pin 86 and 87 get tied together.  Use a meter to check the 7P Pin 2 wire that controls the ACC1 relay to verify that it is a (-) signal
and tap into that for the ACC2 relay control.

Point 3

on 6 Pin Secondary (H2) Harness:

5 - BLACK/ White – to EVO-ALL Pink Tach output ** Program for Tach Mode
(this BLACK/ White wire is for "Dome Light Output (-)500 mA" and it is saying to have that go to Tach Wire on the EVO-ALL. I have
Violet/White wire from the H4 harness for the tach signal)

You could be correct here.  I don't have an install guide for the ICBM unit and am trying to use the diagram in the link you supplied.

I can't see it very well.  There is a wire called Oil Pressure Switch / Tach.  Connect the EVO-ALL's Tach output to that.  From prior
posts on ICBM units, this is where some of your problems will occur.  The basic rule of thumb is " Stay away from any R/S system
that uses an Oil Pressure Switch input."

Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2015 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
I was going to begin this wiring today and just now noticed that I dont think I have the correct firmware from what I see. I was wondering if maybe BestBuys install bay or some place might be able to program it? I might have to buy the FlashLink if not. I actually think I have the wrong thing and will have to get the EVO-ALL.
**EDIT** Well it turns out I am a goofball for sure. This is not the EVO-ALL as I should have clearly seen on the device. I will have to order the right one. I guess I will need to sell this one off to someone.
icbm7071 alarm in 2005 Buick Rendezvous - Page 2 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2015 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, that is the wrong module. You need the EVO-ALL.
Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2015 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
I ordered the EVO-ALL. The unit is Hardware V8 and flashed to Firmware 6.73.14, I assume that will work ok that it is flashed to a newer firmware than version 4.06. I should have it on Friday and I will do my wiring and post a pic of my prep.
kreg357 
Posted: September 02, 2015 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Well, you are getting closer.  The EVO-ALL is the module you need.  However, the 6.73.14 firmware is for Honda products and will

not work on your older Buick vehicle.

Here is the long story.  The EVO-ALL was originally like other Fortin modules in the fact that it could support all vehicles with just one

firmware loaded.  This pre-loaded, ready to go right out of the box module was a big plus for installers.  At a certain point a decision
was made ( due to memory space limitations ), to split-up the firmware for each different vehicle brand / manufacturer.  This happened
around Ver 4.06.  At Ver 4.07 the old GM / Chrysler J1850 support was dropped.  Basically, for your vehicle, Ver 4.06 will work but
anything newer, like Ver 4.09, won't.  After the F/W split, Ver 6.70.xx was for GM products but Ver 6.70 still wouldn't support the older
J1850 vehicles until Ver 6.70.11 when J1850 was added back in.  Ver 6.71.xx is for Ford, 6.72 is for Nissan, Ver 6.73 is for Honda,
Ver 6.74 is for Chrysler, etc...  ( This little bit of Fortin history / knowledge is why +12V Dealers / Installers charge the prices they do
and why most all bypass module manufacturers do not directly support DIY'ers.)

Anyway, for the EVO-ALL to work properly on your 2005 Buick Rendezvous, you need either F/W Ver 4.06 or the current GM F/W,

Ver 6.70.15 ( actually 6.70.11 and up ).   You will need to find a place that will re-flash your module.  You can do it yourself, if you have
the ~$50 Fortin FlashLink-2 USB cable.

Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2015 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
thank you. I will see if I can find someone to help me on flashing it. I may have to get the Flashlink cable. This really helped me to understand how it all works though.
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2015 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
well this has been an adventurous day and journey. I got my EVO-ALL today and checked with several car audio and alarm places and some tilted their heads and said "Whats that"? While others said "I dont have that but if I did it would be $85 to flash it so you might as well by this module we carry for $79". lol. I will just have to wait a little longer and order the Flash Link v2 programmer.
In the mean time I dont see why I couldnt go ahead and do my prep and soldering of the EVO-ALL to the ICBM 7071 so I can just install it to the car after I program it. When I get done I will post pics and stuff to make sure it looks good. Thanks again.
kreg357 
Posted: September 04, 2015 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Too bad I don't live closer, I would flash it for you...

Good plan to do the bench prep first.  Might want to post your planned wiring for forum members to review and post suggestions.

Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2015 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
Here is what I have so far. I am not sure on the connection for the relay on Pin 85 still. I got confused again when looking at how everything will go.
icbm7071 alarm in 2005 Buick Rendezvous - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic