the12volt.com spacer
icon

icbm7071 alarm in 2005 Buick Rendezvous

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
antman1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2015 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
sorry haven't reported anything back on this. been waiting for a relay and am swamped with work and personal family issues now. I did notice yesterday the Mercury Hood pin switch I got appears broken and the mercury is outside the little glass tube inside it so I had to inform the people I got it from but that shouldn't stop me from completing the install. I will let you know how this goes when I get it completed.
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2015 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
Well.   I finally got to it today and installed the evo-all and icbm7071 and it was messed up.   The door locks locked when I disarmed the alarm and unlocked when I armed the alarm.   I checked the wiring again and it was right.   I swapped the lock and unlock wires on the evo to the alarm and now it locks when armed.   And unlocks when disarmed.   I was getting the remote start to crank the car but wasn't staying cranked like it couldn't get the tach signal.   I will have to work on it later though.   It also seems like the accessories weren't turning on also.   I got alarm and keyless entry for now though. Sucks though.   Seems the icbm7071 was redesigned and diagram is wrong. Last one I buy now.
I am also wondering if there is something I am missing with the EVO-ALL as far as programming? I flashed version 4.06 to it though just so I could make sure that wasn't the issue. Other times I installed this alarm in my other vehicles it was great. This is the first time it has given me issues.
If I connect the BLACK/ White wire on the ICBM7071 that says "Oil Sensor Input/Generator Input" to a +12v constant would that work to bypass Tach signal needs?
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2015 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
I was just thinking about something. The alarm appears to be working for keyless entry and such. but remote start doesnt work. I see the dash lights come on and then it looks like it is going to turn the engine over and the dash lights go out and then the alarm tries again. after the 3rd time it stops trying like it is supposed to do.
I was wondering if maybe the Ground wire I did might be the whole issue. if the ground isnt very good would that be the symptoms of this issue?
Also If I connect the BLACK/ White wire on the ICBM7071 that says "Oil Sensor Input/Generator Input" to a +12v constant would that work to bypass Tach signal needs?
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2015 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
now I have a problem with my car. I got home and turned the car off and it said my door was open on the alarm so I went back out to the car and cranked it and it worked fine. I turned it off and went to turn it back on and all power went off and nothing. it was dead. I pulled the power cable off the little box with fuses under the hood and put it back on and the ignition showed lights then I tried to crank it and all lights died again and nothing. I pulled the cover off the fuse box and moved the box and wires around a little and it got lights again and power then I tried to crank and dead again. I disconnected my connections for the alarm and still same thing. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
**UPDATE**
I think I found the issue. Not sure what I may need to do to fix it or even how to replace this. here is a pic of it:
icbm7071 alarm in 2005 Buick Rendezvous - Page 4 -- posted image.
Here is what it is doing on this video and why I believe this is the problem. It seems that the battery terminal connection isnt making good contact anymore. I have the connection tight but makes no difference. If I keep pressure on the cable on the box I can get it started too. Wish I would have found this before I disconnected all the Ignition wires and stuff from the alarm. :(
Video of clicking when I move the battery cable
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2015 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
Looks like the issue has to do with a bad connection from fuse box to battery.   Having a hard time finding it so I am going to take it to the shop.   I did away with my accessory 2 wire I was going to use with a relay because it is not needed.   My remote start cranks the car then acts like it isn't getting a tach signal and turns off.   I am wondering if the evo-all needs to be programmed to send a tach signal to the alarm? I have it all wired up per my prep.   The lock and unlock and lights are all working through the evo-all with no problems. Not sure if it is sending the brake signal either.   Do I need to hook the evo-all up to the PC and adjust the settings?
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2015 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
Got my car back today. They said there was some loose wires under the hood that the fixed and all is good now. Also was informed my fuel line was leaking and they fixed that so I am lucky I didn't blow up. Unfortunately someone stole my license plate from the car in there lot so I gotta get a new one. But back to my remote start issues. I am wondering if the EVO-ALL needs something else programmed to make it send a tach signal to the alarm or something. Anyone have knowledge on EVO-ALL that can tell me if I missed something? I will hook up to the evo-all tomorrow to check it out. I may just have to run a tach wire and brake wire myself and bypass that part of the evo all if I cant get it to work.
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2015 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
Got my remote start on the alarm working now. had to run the same wire for tach to a 12v constant and that worked because it said I could use a tach signal or 12v constant instead. I installed the brain in the center area of the car console. Thank you to all that helped. Now I guess I will sell the Fortin Flash Link Programmer.
icbm7071 alarm in 2005 Buick Rendezvous - Page 4 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2015 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Install looks good and clean! 

That's the general consensus, the off-shore R/S units always have issues with the Tach.  Think it was Howie II that coined the phrase...

"If it uses the oil pressure switch to know the engine is running, bin it!"  icbm7071 alarm in 2005 Buick Rendezvous - Page 4 -- posted image.

Should be able to sell the Fortin FlashLink cable on EBay and get most of the money back.

Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2015 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
All is going well so far except for an issue sometimes where the alarm thinks the door is open when it isn't and I can go crank the car and turn it off and rearm it and all is fine.   
Also I don't like the feature of the radio staying on after remote start is canceled if I don't open and close the door.   I am going to replace the factory radio and rewire the power connections I think so the bcm isn't in control of that.
I do have a question about something else though.   I was thinking of getting one of those scanner led strips and want to wire it so if comes on when the alarm is active.   I need for 12v to be applied to the led strip only when alarm is armed
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2016 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
is it safe to assume if I wanted to add the starter kill relay I would use the wire "Pink A - IGNITION1 - PINK (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS" to do this?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic