the12volt.com spacer
icon

VW Polo 2005 alarm wiring info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Ill tackle the indictors with diodes then lol.you say indicators are the way to go,ill remember that.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
We are behind here with high quality alarm systems.the ones we use here is autowatch,there is a lot others that has indicator outputs,but without onboard relays.stuff such as remote start is also not popular here in SA.I wish we could have Viper,Clifford and other high quality systems here,but ya.I appreciate your information,effort and time sharing the info on this vehicle.thanks again.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2015 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Hi Howie.tell me,isit safe to use a DMM to check for contuinty in a wire eg.I want to make most of my connections at the fuse box,touching one prob where I have tested and one probe where I will be connecting,using the beep sound to see if I have the same wire.if I put the DMM to beep mode and test its leads with a other DMM it gives me 3V.that's the reason why I am asking if its safe,I don't want to damage any Microprocessors I am trieng Techniques to make my installtions Quicker,and using less wires.the question is not specific for the above vehicle,I didn't want to open another thread as we already had a conversation with testing equipment.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2015 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes but not airbag wiring which is usually in a yellow clad loom.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2015 at 3:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Ok,so its so sensitive that the airbag activates?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2015 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Can be, NEVER take the chance.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2015 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
NO,ill never,just wanted to know.Thanks a lot,enjoy the rest of your day.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2015 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Good day Howie! Hope you doing well.so I got time today to do the installation,got everything right,thanks a lot for the info.just 2 problems now.My friend is telling me the alarm gives false alarms and after he arms and goes back later the doors are still locked but leds are not flashing.I have never had such problem before.but when he opens the door and arms it again,it works fine.
This is where I got my wires
12V constant there's 2 at ignition barrel,I used one,test 12V when everything is off.
Ignition (your info)
I've mounted a Bonnet switch as there was no switch.
Hatch (your info)
Lock/unlock wire (your info exactly as you explained,it worked with a 1k resistor)
Drivers switch does not work with latch,it only works with c/locking.when you unlock with with key in drivers door switch,it sends a neg pulse to a wire at loom coming from drivers door.other3 passenger doors I got at the bcm.the dome light has a delay,think its like 30sec.the door wires at bcm I tested with a test light,clamp on 12V and probe each wire.With the multimeter I have done the same with black probe on the wire I'm testing.with door closed it gives me 8,5V when door is opend 12V.it doesn't go to 0 when the door is closed even if the light goes of.that's the only wires at the bcm that I got that's working with the doors.before he left evrything worked properly with no false alarms.any advice,I will check the bonnet switch tomorrow.the domelight doesn't come on with door on drivers side,only with unlock.the rest comes on with doors.I have diode the driver door switch wire seperate from the others,the other 3 doors I have put together as there's no light for doors on the instrument panel.thanks in advance.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2015 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Look at DEI 1076 diagram, on this site under Downloads/Manuals section.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2015 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Cut wires going to BCM with anode of diode facing BCM to keep away negative backfeed,then door wire from alarm diodes with cathode facing to BCM wires.thanks.so there's no power at ignition that disapears after a while?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic