the12volt.com spacer
icon

need thought on wiring for speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
s2ntburd 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2015 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote s2ntburd
Ok so my boat has an aftermarket cd player a 2 channel amp and 4 speakers.   The guy had the 4 speakers running of the 2 channel amp. Well i upgraded 2 of the speakers so now i have 2 2ohm 6x9's and 2 4 ohm 6.5. The 6x9 speakers can handle alot more more power also. So anyways i have 2 options that i know of to wire them. first is if i wire one 6x9 and one 6.5 speaker that will give 6ohms which should be fine or i could wire both 6x9s to the amp and the other 2 6.5 to the radio. Would that work?    That way i would get more power to and sound out the of 6x9s without worry of over powering the other 2 speakers.   Thanks for any help or imput.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2015 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itsyuk
tell us about the amp...make/model
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
crazynuk 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2016 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crazynuk
Hi there.
I put a stereo in my 78 ski nautique. I just used the deck power for the 4 6.5 coax speakers and used an amp for the subwoofer. That way the bass is handled and the 6.5 are only used for mid bass and up..so they don't draw a ton from the deck.....
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 01, 2016 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
For best results connect the 2 ohm drivers to the 2 channel amplifier and connect the others to the radio. Or, get a 4 channel amplifier.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic