the12volt.com spacer
icon

kenwood kvt 910dvd car stereo reset code drama

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drayper 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drayper
Hello all..
I bought an old 1991 300ce in 1999. Around 2002 I had the above car stereo put in. Drove the car several years and then garaged it after multiple dealer repairs became expensive and I bought new car. Decided recently to diy repair on car. Of course can't remember passcode...called kenwood they said go to authorized dealer best buy and Mach 1 here in Mn. said go to kenwood. I'm in a loop. Found what I thought was good reset code on forum 55222277 put it in with remote...deck cycled and shut off. I turned it back on it just shut down again. I closed the screen and it wouldn't come back out or open again.....What Just Happen!!!! Can someone help please...
Thks,
Dray
Dray
bman4 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2016 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bman4
drayper wrote:
Hello all..
I bought an old 1991 300ce in 1999. Around 2002 I had the above car stereo put in. Drove the car several years and then garaged it after multiple dealer repairs became expensive and I bought new car. Decided recently to diy repair on car. Of course can't remember passcode...called kenwood they said go to authorized dealer best buy and Mach 1 here in Mn. said go to kenwood. I'm in a loop. Found what I thought was good reset code on forum 55222277 put it in with remote...deck cycled and shut off. I turned it back on it just shut down again. I closed the screen and it wouldn't come back out or open again.....What Just Happen!!!! Can someone help please...
i just had the exact same happen to me.
i tried kcar a couple time's with no success.
all of a sudden i seen av mode pop up and realized the remote was working.
i started pushing many buttons and kcar and the screen went blank.
all i get is lights when i press open
Thks,
Dray
drayper 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2016 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drayper
No help since post, decided to invest in a new model:
Look at this on eBay http://www./itm/151948457004
Dray
bman4 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2016 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bman4
[QUOTE=drayper] No help since post, decided to invest in a new model:
Look at this on eBay http://www./itm/151948457004[/QUO
i just fixed mine you need to make shure your 5.1 brain is connected.
you indeed did unlock it with the remoter and now all you need is the brain
drayper 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2016 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drayper
Thanks I'll check that out.
Dray
bman4 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2016 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bman4
i need help with witch wire to what pin of the 8 pin connector on the hu.
so far looking at rear and counting top first to the right.
pin one is yellow, pin 2 is ground, pin 3 is reverses, 4 unknown,
pin 5 is red, 6 is unknown,7 is parking break,8 is unknown
drayper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2016 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drayper
Yep, you were correct, when I reinstalled the brain the unit worked.
Also reinstalled my 600 watt amp and 10 changer CD unit..Man I forgot how great this system sounded.
Still thinking about upgrading to a newer model for the new features, but I'm not in a big rush now.
Thanks much!!!
Dray
drayper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2016 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drayper
Yep, you were correct, when I reinstalled the brain the unit worked.
Also reinstalled my 600 watt amp and 10 changer CD unit..Man I forgot how great this system sounded.
Still thinking about upgrading to a newer model for the new features, but I'm not in a big rush now.
Thanks much!!!
Dray

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic