the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 opel tigra twin top

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Green neg to a grey wire, either going up to dome (courtesy/interior) light, grey wire.
You MUST have an ignition connection. Can't be programmed without. Black wire at ignition switch or loom I mentioned originally.
peterjeff 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote peterjeff
ok lets say i'm a coomplete idiot! which alarm wire i connect to the black ignition switch? https://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/Peterjeff/IMG_4906.jpg
i also found 3 grey wires in the car! how do i test them?
peterjeff 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote peterjeff
about the violet no18 wire? do i connect it? i suppose not cause i have neg locks... right?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No don't connect and the lock polarity trigger has nothing to do with door trigger polarity. Don't EVER make assumptions.
As for the grey and testing????
Are you for real? Use a DMM.
Red probe to 12V+ constant, black to suspect wire, reads when door is opened.
peterjeff 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote peterjeff
i really cant understand! :( you mean red no5 from 10pin connector to the black ignition wire? i thought 10pin connector was only for remote start installation. 24pin connector has also 2 ignition wires.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
That's it you aren't even reading the instructions.
Pink on 10 wire plug to black ignition wire.
Please stop what you're doing and seek professional help.
peterjeff 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote peterjeff
that's i'm going to do. going to a professional... but howie there are not any other instructions! just the ones i send you...
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
What I meant was you have the referral sheet with the unit. Those two other wires are low current NEG, used with relays for vehicles with multiple starter/ignition ACC wires.
The instructions are scant because these units are made to be installed by professionals who know the difference between say a door trigger and a door lock trigger or why you need ignition input/output.
I can't answer you when you can't even find the right lock control wires in that loom.
They should also be in the loom exiting the driver's door.
peterjeff 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote peterjeff
howie there arent! or i'm blind! i was looking in the loom exiting drivers door and couldnt find these colours. anyway i really really thank you very much for your help! i'll be out of town for 2 days so i'm going to proff. thanks again for all you help!
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic