the12volt.com spacer
icon

Mitsubishi L200 New Shape Lighting Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lectrician 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectrician
Hi. Looking for a wiring diagram or schematic for a new shape L200. Or pointers to where loom connections are to disconnect section by section to help locate a fault.
Im having some odd electrical issues.
I had this a few weeks ago, and after unplugging and plugging back in the in dash MPG computer, all seemed ok. But, it's back.
With the ignition on, the headlights keep coming on and off randomly. When they come on, the indicators, wipers and lecky windows stop working. As soon as the lights go back out, everything works until they come back on again! They are doing this every few seconds. Can't drive, it looks like I'm constantly flashing, and indicators don't work! Thought perhaps dodgy earth, but all looks sound in foot wells. Thought I would try disconnecting sections of loom.
Any pointers?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
A plug has been incorrectly inserted, pins out of alignment. That or a faulty BCM.
lectrician 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2015 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectrician
This started all of a sudden, fixed itself, and came back. Don't think it can be a misplaced plug, as nothing's changed. I was thinking a wiring short or dodgy ETACS/BCM.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2015 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Disconnect your battery for 20 minutes.
lectrician 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2015 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectrician
UPDATE.
Having unplugged all the wiring on the front of the fuse box, and in the drivers footwell, trying to narrow the fault down, I decided to take the ETACS (Body Control Module) out to see if I could see anything obvious.
I thought it was a moulded part of the fuse box, but it is a separate module which plugs onto the back. It came out pretty easily, leaving the fuse box in place.
I noticed corrosion in the top facing plug, and so opened her up. Blue/green corrosion tracking right across the PCB.
Cleaning the corrosion off and reattaching has cured the problem.
It was dry crusty corrosion, so am hoping its historic. Can't see any sign of water ingress, even after a hose test.
Anyone know where water is likely to leak into here from?
Piccy:
Mitsubishi L200 New Shape Lighting Diagram -- posted image.
Only problem now? The airbag light is now on because of me unplugging copious things. Need to get this reset by someone with a reader I think???
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2015 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes and reference airbag lights, diagnostic reader, in my experience most Euros don't work on Mits. vehicles. Find a friendly local garage or Mits stealership but they = £££
Where does the module sit, I'm thinking leak at corner of windscreen (an old Peugeot trick) or misplaced firewall grommet. I was halfway there reference the BCM.
Sorry I couldn't help you more quickly I've only ever done alarm/remote starts and Bluetooth kits on them.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic