the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Monte Carlo Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
biggkat97 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2015 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote biggkat97
I am installing a viper 4806v remote start system in my Monte Carlo. I am using d-ball2 immobilizer bypass. I am using the d2d way to install. I have the door lock/unlock working, as well as the trunk release. But the part in stuck on is remote start. I've looked up the wiring diagram for my car, I'm stuck on the starter wire. The wire diagram says to use white and WHITE/ black wires pin 2 and 4 of green plug, as starter, ignition2, and keysense. I found out if you connect these two wires from the car it acts as if the ignition is on in the car. It would be very appreciated if somebody could help. I'm a DIY type. I don't want to give someone 300-400 on just install. Thank you in advance.
Big Kat
biggkat97 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2015 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote biggkat97
12volts      RED / white (10A)       +       ign harn or BCM, blue plug, pin 3
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the left of the steering column.
Starter      yellow (not for remote start)       +       ECM
Notes: On the V6 models, the starter wire is in the blue plug, pin 26.
On the V8 models, the starter wire is in the black plug, pin 22.
The ECM (Engine Control Module) is behind the driver side headlight, in the air cleaner assembly.
There is a white wire and a WHITE/ black wire in the ignition harness, or the BCM, green plug, pins 2 and 4, that perform starter, second ignition, and key sense functions. No information at this time, if it is necessary to interface with these wires in addition to the PASS-key III+.
Second Starter      N/A
Ignition      pink       +       ign harn or BCM, green plug, pin 14
Second Ignition      see starter wire notes
Third Ignition      N/A
Accessory      brown       +       ign harn or BCM, green plug, pin 21
Second Accessory      N/A
Keysense      see starter wire notes
Big Kat
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2015 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Just so we don't over look anything, I'll start off with a few basics.

Is the DB-ALL2 flashed with the 402.GM6 v3.17 firmware?  This is the correct / current firmware necessary for

your 2006 Monte Carlo.  It is flashed onto the DB-ALL2 with the XKLoader2 USB cable.

If you are going in D2D mode, all of the Blue dashed lines shown on the DB-ALL2 install diagram are made in

the D2D harness.  No need to make the actual hard wire connection.  Only the solid Black lines need to be made.

Your Monte Carlo is a newer style GM product and as such does not have an actual Starter wire at the ignition

switch harness.  Therefore, no Starter connection will be necessary between the Viper and the vehicle.   Also,
with the newer vehicles, the bypass module ( DB-ALL2 ) handles a lot of functions via the CAN system so no
connections from the Viper to the vehicle is necessary for those specific functions.

You should pretty much follow the DB-ALL2 install guide, without deviation, for this install.  It shows / lists all

the necessary connections.

Soldering is fun!
biggkat97 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2015 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote biggkat97
Thank you for the reply. Yes I flashed the dball with the newest firmware. On the PDF file for the dball2, the only wire to connect is ignition input/output. Is this true? Only want to make sure.
On the viper 8 pin connector I wont need.
1 RED / black 12v constant input for acc & start relay
2 pink/black flex relay input 87a key side
3 pink/white ignition 2/flex relay output
4. Red 12v constant input for ignition1 relay
5 violet starter output
6. Accessory output
7. 12v constant input for ignition2 & flex relay
Big Kat
biggkat97 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2015 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote biggkat97
I wont need to tap into white and WHITE/ black wires pin 2&4 of green plug.
Big Kat
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 5:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

You probably don't need it, as the thick Pink IGN1 wire is used for Viper input only ( dioded ), but...  Consider connecting the

thick Red Ign1 +12V Input wire with the fuse to a +12V constant source, if there are issues.  The diode shown on the diagram can be
a 1N4001.

Correct on the White & WHITE/ Black wires at the ignition switch plug.  Not used because the DB-ALL2 handles

this function via a Data connection.

Are you also using the RFLCHGM transponder?  They are only $15 but your battery won't go dead if you don't drive the

car for 3 days.

Soldering is fun!
biggkat97 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote biggkat97
Ok I already have the ignition wire dioded like show in the dball PDF. And yes I have the RFLCHGM transponder.
I have both accessory wires (dball & viper) connected at the bcm. Sounds like I don't need the vipers thick wire connected here.
Big Kat
kreg357 
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You only need the DB-ALL2's Accessory output wire connected to the cars BCM ( as shown in the diagram ).  The Vipers thick Orange ACC output is not used.
Soldering is fun!
biggkat97 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote biggkat97
I tried what you said. I have it hooked up just like the dball2 diagram, and still no luck. And when I try to remote start, the remote starter makes a really quick clicking sound.
The only wires on the viper that are hooked up are
12v power
Ground
Ignition 1 input/output
12vdc constant input for ignition 1 relay
Hood pin input
Neutral safety/ parking brake input
I'm not understanding why it wont remote start. Do you know what could be wrong? Thanks for any help!
Big Kat
kreg357 
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

A few thoughts :

1.  If your Monte Carlo has the Factory Alarm, then it should have a factory hood pin.  If this is the case, then the DB-ALL2

will supply the Hood Pin signal via the D2D connection. 

2.  Did the DB-ALL2 program properly?

3.  Did you do the RFLCHGM programming procedure?  It is done separately.

4.  Did you program the Viper to Auto Trans Mode?

5.  Did you program the Viper to Tach Mode and do the Tach Learn process?  You could also set the Viper Engine Checking

to OFF and a Fixed Crank time of 1 second.

6.  Just for grins, disconnect the Hood Pin Input and manually apply a ground to the Neutral Safety Input.

You might also try doing the Remote Start Shutdown/Startup Diagnostics.  This will give you an indication of where the

problem lies.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic