the12volt.com spacer
icon

Rough idle / stalling after remote start install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Control harness, brown (-) ACC to relay 85
Fused 20 amps to 86 and 87
second ignition (brown) from 30
Diode across relay coil, 1N4004, band to 86.
schmooot 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote schmooot
SO I just need to put in another relay for a second acc. I will try that thank you. The wiring diagrams from this site do not list a second acc
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Obviously you'll have to test/check for yourself.
schmooot 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote schmooot
of course.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
schmooot wrote:
And again the remote start function works fine.    The vehicle stalls and rough idle when warm regardless of being remote started or not.
The rough running can't have anything to do with ACCY or IGN hook-ups for the Remote Start.
If it runs rough with the key, it's something else. You could try disconnecting your tach connection at the white wire on the Ignition Module, and see if that makes any difference. I can't think of anything else.
davep. 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
howie ll wrote:
but I remember from this site there were problems with GM vehicles around 05 ref the second ACC not being connected causing all sorts of problems inc. the engine warning light coming on.
It was/is the white wire, which is an IGN wire. It powers the transmission solenoids. If this wire isn't powered while running, the ECM will detect incorrect shift solenoid states, and set Diagnostic Trouble Codes's. As a result of the solenoid DTC's, the ECM will command MAX Line Pressure as a default pressure. This MAX Line results in very harsh shifts, and can result in internal transmission parts breakage.
IIRC, these DTC's are Type II. Ie they only apply for the current IGN cycle. So if the car is Remote started,then driven after key takeover, the transmission operation will be affected. If the car is started with the key, the DTC won't set, and everything is 'normal'.
If the DTC doesn't repeat in 50 ignition cycles, the DTC clears on its own, and won't show on a Scanner.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Thanks that was the problem I was referring to earlier, just not sure because these vehicles are unknown in Europe.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
One could also disconnect the tach wire in case that's affecting anything, seen that problem twice in Opels (Euro GM) and VW both using Bosch injection systems.
davep. 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
davep. wrote:
You could try disconnecting your tach connection at the white wire on the Ignition Module, and see if that makes any difference. I can't think of anything else.
Beat you by 10 minutes, Howie.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I know, had a really bad migraine all day, it's my only excuse!
I've been worried all weekend about the rough idle being there on either remote or regular start. I jumped to the second ACC as the reason but there might be 2 problems there.
Let's be honest I'm working on knowledge not experience with all US GM and Chrysler vehicles.
I've done a Bluetooth install and tracker on a 300, that's it.
OP did state that check engine light was on all of the time.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic