the12volt.com spacer
icon

Gm passlock bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kingscounty4 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kingscounty4
I lost the key to my 2003 cavalier. It's a race car so I just pounded out the ignition and cut the wires to hot wire it.. I got everything rewired amd the car starts but won't stay running. I need some help
Sheldon locke
kingscounty4 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kingscounty4
I know it's the passlock II and I need to bypass it.. someone please help
Sheldon locke
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Before you removed the ignition switch, you could have done this : 

1.  Start the car with the key.
2.  With the engine running normally, cut the Yellow Passlock2 wire near the ignition switch.
3.  At this point you can stop and start the car with the key with no issues other than the Security Light on the
     instrument panel will always be lit while the engine is running.

If you removed the ignition switch assy by cutting the wires, there should have been a group of three small gauge wires

in there.  They are probably Yellow, Black ( or ORANGE / Black ) and White ( or RED / White ).  You could try the permanent
bypass using any available value resistor ( a 1k ohm will work ).  Make sure you have a fully charged battery.
1.  Solder in the resistor between the cut Yellow and cut Black leads in the car.  Insulate, heat shrink tube works well.
2.  Power up the ignition leads and attempt to start the engine.  It will fail but leave the ignition circuits ON for 10 minutes.
3.  Un-power the ignition circuits for a few seconds and then do Step 2 again.  2nd try
4.  Un-power the ignition circuits for a few seconds and then do Step 2 again.  3rd try
5.  Un-power the ignition circuits for a few seconds and then start the engine.  The new Passlock2 resistor value should
     now be learned / accepted by the BCM and the engine should stay running.

I have never tried this on a vehicle where the whole ignition switch has been removed ( Black reference wire cut ).

Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic