the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Toyota Camry Viper 5706v with Fortin EVO-Al

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2015 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes it will, but try an auto supply store, the 30/40 is standard and probably cheaper, OR use a simple 4 terminal, the switching NC side 87a isn't used anyway. A breakers
yard should have thousands!
wramsey12 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2015 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
Radioshack had the 30/50 for 2 bucks....I went ahead and got it. I should have tried autozone or oreillys but it's a crap shoot if they would have had the 30/40 for cheaper than what I gave for it. Our radioshack is locally owned so their prices are a bit different than what's on the website...not sure how they get away with that but they do so...and they are still in business unlike a lot of other stores
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2015 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Franchise operation, as long as they return a certain amount to head office they can stay in business.
The regular type costs me about $2.40 though X 10 I get them down to $1.50.
Component prices are about the same either side of the pond but as for the finished article, don't ask.
Let us just say that the first few days of any US vacation were spent chasing down a Snap-On truck and buying cordless tools.
Having said that my Milwaukee 12V compact screwdriver and 12V compact combi drill list at £300 ($450) here, I paid £200 ($300) for the pair with judicious shopping via Amazon (UK).
wramsey12 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
Kreg said to relay pins 86 and 87 through a fuse to pin 4 of ignition switch. I'm assuming you mean to run from relay pin 86 with an inline fuse holder to pin 4 of the ignition switch and do the same for pin 87? Thanks for the help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
86 and 87 are common.
wramsey12 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
Ah ok
wramsey12 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2015 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
Well I was about to install today since it's pretty and I've got the day off but was looking at this directed 507m tilt sensor and realized it's only got 3 wires instead of 4 and the sensors on my 5706v have 4 pins not 3. The wire for the tilt sensor will plug into either side but I'm not sure which side it should connect to. The wires for the sensor are (from left to right looking at connector) blue, orange, and red. Blue is instant trigger input, orange is ground when armed output or true ignition wire of vehicle and red is 12v constant power. Any help would be great.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2015 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Blue to the trunk trigger (blue on H2). If you're using one diode separate, bands away from Viper.
If not using the H2 blue, just join.
Red to the red on H1, orange to the orange on H1.
wramsey12 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2015 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
Glad to see I actually wired it correctly...just hadn't gotten a chance to get back to here to post. Will be installing shortly. Thanks again Howie.
wramsey12 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2015 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wramsey12
You guys rock! Only thing I had to do that wasn't listed was run a ground wire from the neutral switch on the off side to ground switch and everything but the tilt sensor is working. Not really sure why it isn't working but I will mess with it some other time. Gotta get some sleep then work tonight. Thanks again you two.
Page of 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic