the12volt.com spacer
icon

98 Town Car wont remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundq_ndn 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundq_ndn
I have a 1998 Lincoln Town Car with an Autopage C3 RS 665 2W installed. I had my remote start disabled because I had to have an interlock in my car. The time has passed and now I don't have an interlock anymore. I see that they just cut the purple wire that goes to the start wire. I reconnected it thinking that I could get my remote start to work and nothing. I hit the remote start button on my remote and all it does is beep. No voltage is detected on the remote start wires coming from the brain.
The alarm hasn't been disturbed other than reprogramming a new remote since the old one was broken. The alarm locks/unlocks like normal and the trunk pop function work fine. But why is the remote beeping??
I verified all the wire connections and all looks fine and solid.
What should I be looking for???
1998 Lincoln Town Car
Pioneer CD/MP3 player
Hertz HiEnergy components powered by a
Rockford Fosgate Punch 250.2
two Sundown Audio SA-12D4 subwoofers powered by a
Sundown Audio SAZ-1200D
soundq_ndn 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundq_ndn
If anyone is familiar with this alarm, why would the remote beep after pressing the remote start button? Is doesn't explain why in either the installation or operation manuals from Autopage.
1998 Lincoln Town Car
Pioneer CD/MP3 player
Sundown Audio SAZ-1200D
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2015 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Possibly bad battery in the remote.
soundq_ndn 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundq_ndn
No its not the battery since I tried several different ones.
1998 Lincoln Town Car
Pioneer CD/MP3 player
Sundown Audio SAZ-1200D
soundq_ndn 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2015 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundq_ndn
I figured out the remote start part. Had to reprogram it.
Now I get a flashing O\D light when I remote start. Only time it does this is when it is remote started. If I start with the key I don't have that problem. The flashing O\D light will go out after about 3 mins of driving down the road.
1998 Lincoln Town Car
Pioneer CD/MP3 player
Sundown Audio SAZ-1200D
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2015 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Did you power all the ignition circuits?  Here is some info from various sources :

12volts               yellow  (3) + ignition harness   ( also 3 Lt. GREEN/ Purple )

Starter RED / lt. blue   +   ignition harness   
Ignition WHITE/ yellow   +         ignition harness   
Second Ignition             pink/black   +   ignition harness    ( 2 wires - same circuit )
Accessory         BLACK/ lt. green   +      ignition harness   
Second Accessory       gray / YELLOW   + ignition harness    *

* This wire must be powered as an accessory. If powered as a 2nd ignition the gauges will not function properly.

If it was working properly before, check all the RS665 flex ign programming, wire connections and fuses.

Soldering is fun!
soundq_ndn 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2015 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundq_ndn
Cool that was it...
I had to wire in a relay off the negative trigger for 2nd acc output... O/D hasnt blinked so far
1998 Lincoln Town Car
Pioneer CD/MP3 player
Sundown Audio SAZ-1200D

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic