the12volt.com spacer
icon

5706v/Dball2 now factory remote doesnt flash

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kevinthien 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2015 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kevinthien
hello guys, i have a 2012 toyota camry with the smart key. yesterday i took apart my car to rerun some wires for my mirror turn signals i retrofittetd into my car. as i rewired it, i noticed my car lights doesnt flash when i LOCK the car with the viper remote. but when i unlock it, it blinks the turn signals.
This morning i rechecked the wires *just by tapping them* and the lights started to work again. (blinks once when you lock, blinks twice when you unlock then the turn signal blinks)
15 mins later, i tried to lock and unlock, it doesn't blink when i lock, the turn signal only blinks when you unlock.
the strangest thing is that, when you try to lock with the factory car remote, nothing flashes. but when you unlock it does blinks.
my impression that maybe it was a loose parking light wire, but thsihppaned. please help!!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2015 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Re-flash the DB-ALL
kevinthien 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2015 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kevinthien
Thank you for the reply howie, i truly appreciate it.
Could you tell me why or how the dball could be the source of the issue? *very interested in hearing why*
I appreciate your input
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2015 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No because I*'m not sure what you've done. You may have disturbed something or have a bad joint or the vehicle data system suspects a problem.
kevinthien 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2015 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kevinthien
what happen was i was working on rewiring my mirror turn signals. i disconnected my car battery to make sure i didn't damage anything in the process.
i re flashed the d ball, there was no improvement.
I even tried to lock/unlock the car without the d ball, with the original toyota remote it still didnt flash when i lock. it does flash when i unlock though.
same thing with the viper alarm. its a hit or miss when you lock, and it always flashes the parking lights and turn signal when you unlock.
I do notice a delayed beeping sound when i lock. its like beep...........beep. unlocking goes beep, beep.
kevinthien 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2015 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kevinthien
I'm really not sure why the original toyota remote has an issue with locking, doesn't beep or flash. how could that be? I'm trying to make sense why its acting this way. i know the d ball overrides the factory alarm system. but is it possible that it also over rides the flash patterns for the car when arming? is it like installing a new rom or is it like installing an app that sits on top of the rom? meaning the original rom software is still there and functional
Yet its fine when i unlock...
kevinthien 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2015 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kevinthien
howie ll wrote:
Re-flash the DB-ALL
so i reflashed it the other day, and today i reset it. didn't do anything.
do you think maybe resetting the viper 5706v would make any difference?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Disconnect the extra wiring if it makes no difference time to get an OBD reader.
kevinthien 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kevinthien
hello howie, thank you for trying to help me with this. what extra wiring you speak of? i thought OBD readers only read error codes. i don't see any codes on my dash
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Only emergency codes, you may have affected load sense when you added the wiring for the mirror lights. You may need to clear via the diagnostic reader.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic