icon

Video in motion info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2015 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can go about getting Iowa's law for video in motion. I have customers constantly wanting me to bypass the video and I would like to display the law in writing to show them that it is illegal and what the law contains. I'm having trouble finding the law with Google and I don't know where to look. Any help would be awesome thanks
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
20ducks 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  
Why not stop by the closest municipal (traffic) court and ask an official there? Or call the Iowa State Trooper regional office.
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
I called & talked to the lead sherif in town and he said as long as the video doesn't obstruct the drivers vision through the windshield, VIM is legal (for the state of Iowa).
20ducks 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
I honestly think it would be illegal in most states. Whatever your reasoning for having a video playing while driving is rather perplexing. It is dangerous for you and for any passenger because of it being so potentially distracting. Enjoy if you must, but don't injure or kill anyone but yourself.
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
That's hilarious that it would be dangerous for the passengers to watch a video while I'm driving. I don't need to watch anything while I'm driving but the road & good looking joggers(real distraction to the driver).
VIM keeps my kids content on long road trips. If you purchase a DDIN stereo to sit in your car with the p.brake on to watch a video, save your money and go back in your house and hit play.
Oops I just injuRED / killed myself...really dad?
20ducks 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2016 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
pts760 wrote:
That's hilarious that it would be dangerous for the passengers to watch a video while I'm driving. I don't need to watch anything while I'm driving but the road & good looking joggers(real distraction to the driver).
VIM keeps my kids content on long road trips. If you purchase a DDIN stereo to sit in your car with the p.brake on to watch a video, save your money and go back in your house and hit play.
Oops I just injuRED / killed myself...really dad?
Well,little boy. If you had an ounce of brains...nevermind, you don't.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic