icon

Remote Door Locks, 2013 Ford E-450 Super Duty

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bowtorc 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
I just purchased a Viper 211hv for my 2014 motorhome which is on a 2013 Ford e450 super duty chassis. I have had no luck in getting this thing connected properly. I would be most grateful if someone could give the proper connections needed for this application. The instructions that came with it are very vague.
Thanks in advance
Bowtorc
roger
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
Power Lock     GRAY / YELLOW     (-)     IN HARNESS IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL   
Power Unlock     VIOLET/GRAY     (-)     IN HARNESS IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL MAY ALSO BE VIOLET / YELLOW
bowtorc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Then just black to ground and red to 12 volts? I have been going crazy looking in the drivers side. I found the two wires in the drivers side that lock and unlock when I ground them but had no luck when I tried to use the fobs? Do I need the valet and blue light plugged in?
Thanks so much
roger
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
H1/1 RED (+) 12V CONSTANT POWER INPUT        GREEN/ red (x3  20A) (+) ignition switch, gray 13 pin plug
H1/2 BLUE (-) 200 mA SECOND UNLOCK OUTPUT   not used        
H1/3 BLACK/ WHITE-1 INPUT OF DOMELIGHT RELAY #87 not used   
H1/4 BLACK/ WHITE OUTPUT OF DOMELIGHT RELAY #30 not used      
H1/5 GREEN/ BLACK LOCK #30 COMMON OUTPUT   gray / YELLOW (-)  driver kick         
H1/6 WHITE/ BLACK LOCK #87a NORMALLY CLOSED         not used
H1/7 VIOLET/BLACK LOCK #87 NORMALLY OPEN (INPUT)   chassis ground    
H1/8 BLUE/BLACK UNLOCK #30 COMMON (OUTPUT)         PURPLE / gray (-)  driver kick   
H1/9 VIOLET UNLOCK #87 NORMALLY OPEN (INPUT)        chassis ground       
H1/10 WHITE (+/-) PARKING LIGHT FLASH OUTPUT  *set to (+)      PURPLE / white (+) SJB, gray 13 pin plug (E), pin 6         
H1/11 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND INPUT   chassis ground       
H1/12  BROWN (-) HORN HONK OUTPUT    blue/white (-)  horn switch    
H1/13  LT. GREEN/ BLACK FACTORY ALARM DISARM         not used    
H1/14  WHITE/ BLUE (-) 200 mA CHANNEL 3 VALIDITY OUTPUT     not used  
H1/15  YELLOW (+) SWITCHED IGNITION INPUT (ACCESSORY)   WHITE/ orange (+)  ignition switch    
H1/16  ORANGE (-) 500 mA GROUND-WHEN-ARMED OUTPUT       not used       
H1/17  BROWN / BLACK UNLOCK #87A NORMALLY CLOSED           not used  
H1/18  RED / WHITE (-) OUTPUT OF CHANNEL 2       not used   
Soldering is fun!
bowtorc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2015 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I'll give it a try this weekend
roger
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2015 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  

The 211 HV install guide IS vague, like all Directed manuals...   Remote Door Locks, 2013 Ford E-450 Super Duty -- posted image.

Good luck with the install.

Soldering is fun!
bowtorc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2015 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
Help!
Hooked up as directed (I think) and get no action with the fob but when I turn the ignition on the doors lock and then unlock by themselves?   I plugged in the led light and the valet plug with no difference ? Am I doing something wrong?
I hooked the red constant to the green with red and I noticed it also says ignition gray but I did nothing about that. Check the green with red and it has constant power and the white with orange has power only with the ignition on,   The violet and violet and black are connected together and fused prior to being grounded?
Thanks in advance for the help
Bowtorc
roger
kreg357 
Posted: May 20, 2015 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

Perhaps the Vipers remotes need to be paired with the 211HV system?  See Page 12.

The 211HV system comes from the factory set to "Ignition Controlled door locks".  See Page 11 in the install guide.  Basically,

when the ignition switch is turned to ON, 3 seconds later the doors will be locked.  Additionally, when the ignition switch is turned
to OFF, the doors will be unlocked. 

It is possible that the reason the doors lock and then unlock when the key is in the ignition and turned to ON is the fact that the truck

sees the key is on, the door is open and someone tried to lock the doors.  The truck will unlock them to prevent a lock-out.  Two
systems fighting each other.

Soldering is fun!
bowtorc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2015 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Not smart on my part! The door was open. Works with the ignition just need to pair the remotes now I guess. I assume I want channel 1 and press a button on both remotes while holding the valet button?
Thanks again
roger
kreg357 
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 5:06 AM / IP Logged  

Here is an excerpt from the Viper Transmitter Programming Guide, Page 14 of 17.  Might consider hooking-up the Horn for the added

confirmation(s) it provides during programming. 

Remote Programming

∙Turn key to the ON position
∙Within 10 seconds, press and release Valet button one time.
∙Within 10 seconds, press and hold the Valet button.
The LED will flash one time and the horn honks (if connected) to confirm entry into remote programming.
∙Press the lock button on the remote control.
∙The horn honks (if connected) to confirm the remote has been programmed.
∙Release the Valet button, and turn the key to the Off position.
If connected, the horn sounds one long honk to confirm that remote programming has been exited

Link to Viper Transmitter Programming Guide : http://kb.viper.com/customer/portal/kb_article_attachments/8204/original.pdf?1345742646

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic