the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 dodge ram basic alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
one92rs 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote one92rs
i have a cab and chassis 2013 dodge ram 3500. base model. manual windows and locks. i have a APS 25E alarm.have looked around at all the remote start threads. mostly on 1500.s was wondering if the wire colors are the same. pulled this alarm out of a 2011 dode ram 3500 base to put in this one. my other question is i see firewall bcm. is that the one that is buried up in the dash against the firewall to the left of the column way up high that seems to be white.
1. best place to grab the door trigger wire--violet and white or purple?
2. is the best place for ignition at the trailer module behind the key switch pink/green?
3. parking light-white and brown? at the switch or at the headlight. i keep seeing at bcm
alarm wiring plug
WHITE (+) Parking Light Output 15A Max
RED (+) 12 Volt Input Parking Lts & Module
DARK BLUE Channel 3 Trunk Output (-) 300mA
WHITE/ BLACK + 12 Volts Siren Output
RED / WHITE + 12 Volt Module Feed (See Red)
BLACK Chassis Ground
YELLOW Ignition Input Switched +12 Volts
DARK GREEN Negative Hood / Trunk Trigger Input
BROWN Neg. Door Trigger Input
PURPLE Pos. Door Trigger Input
ORANGE Ground Output While Armed (-) 300mA
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2015 at 5:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Yep, the BCM is way, way up there, under the drivers dash.  Ready Remote has a few photos that show the BCM.

http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?make=Ram&model=3500

1.  The BCM is tough to get to.  You should be able to find the Door Trigger wires in the kick panels.  The Pictorial listed below
      shows the Driver Rear Door trigger wire.  Here is a list of the door trigger wires and their location at the BCM from Omega.
  Driver's Front Door Pin VIOLET (-) BCM WHITE 48 PIN CONN, PIN 9 *
  Pass Front Door Pin     VIOLET/WHITE (-) BCM WHITE 48 PIN CONN, PIN 23 *
  Driver's Rear Door Pin VIOLET/GREY (-) BCM BLUE 24 PIN CONN, PIN 18 *
  Pass Rear Door Pin     VIOLET / YELLOW (-) BCM BLACK 48 PIN CONN, PIN 5

2.  Yes.  That connector for the Ignition sense wire is easy to access and shown in the Pictorial.

3.  While you might have to pull the driver side air vent assembly for access, the Headlight Plug at the back of the Headlight Switch

assembly is probably easier than going to the BCM.  Remember that the WHITE/ Brown Parking Light wire is a "MUX" type signal
and needs a 1k through 1130 ohm load to ground connection.  See DEI Tech Tip 1082 for more info.  There is a photo of this
connector in the 2014 Dodge RAM 1500 Pictorial.  Your APS25 only has a (+) Parking Light output so the relay wiring would look
like this :  ( Bosch style 30/40 Amp SPDT relay )
Relay Pin 85 to Chassis Ground
Relay Pin 86 to APS25 WHITE (+) Parking Light Output
Relay Pin 87 through 1130 ohm resistor to chassis ground
Relay Pin 30 to vehicle side of cut WHITE/ Brown MUX wire
Relay Pin 87a to switch side of cut WHITE/ Brown MUX wire

References :

DEI Tech Tip 1082  :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=616
2013-2015 RAM 1500 Pictorial  :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=138747

Soldering is fun!
one92rs 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2015 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote one92rs
man thank you soo much. yes that bcm is going to be a pita. i think my big ol self is going to have to remove the seat to get to it. but with this i think i can do it.
one92rs 
Posted: May 18, 2015 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote one92rs
ok i see that the alarm has a resistor in the white wire already put there in the previous installation.
brown-grey-red-gold bands
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2015 at 4:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

That resistor is 1,800 ohms.  Not exactly the recommended 1k or 1,130 ohm value.  Brown, Brown, Red, Gold or Brown, Black, Red,

Gold would be better.  While most wire guide listings recommend using a relay to isolate the MUX wire from the switch, it can be
done as shown in the Pictorial, which follows the Fortin EVO-ALL install guide.  Here is a link to the EVO-ALL install guide :
http://fortin.ca/download/29321/evo-all_dodge_ram_pickup_-_tip-key_(2013-2014).rev-20150226.pdf

Additionally, according to the APS25E Install Guide, the White Parking Light  Output wire is only a (+) 12V @ 15 Amp output.  Check

to see if the APS25E Red and RED / White wires are still joined together.  If they were cut and separated, the previous installer knows
more about the APS25E controller than is written in the install guide.  Was the Red wire connected to chassis ground and the RED / White
connected to +12V constant in the 2011 RAM 3500?  That would explain the current APS25E wiring setup with the resistor in the
White Parking Light Output wire.

Soldering is fun!
one92rs 
Posted: May 23, 2015 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote one92rs
ok. yes the red wire was cut from the RED / white wire and connected to ground. it worked in the 2011 3500. also my aps25c model actually. it has a brown wire that is for negative door pins.ok-----
1. the parking lights worked at first with the brown ground pin wire from the alarm hooked directly to the WHITE/ brown wire. it has since quit working. could have come loose will have to check. maybe the truck didnt like it or it is too much resistance in the wresitor.
2. also the dome light learn does not work correctly either. it acts as though it is still seeing a ground so it never gets to the last arm. when you open the doors it chirps but never goes off. the shock sensor and all else works.
one92rs 
Posted: May 23, 2015 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote one92rs
nothing has come loose.
kreg357 
Posted: May 23, 2015 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Personally, being not a Prestige user/installer, I would try to go strictly by the install guide.  Specifically, the description of the Red wire

has me concerned.

RED 15A FUSED WIRE: 12VDC CONSTANT BATTERY SOURCE

The connection of this wire supplies 12 VDC for both the alarm circuit, and the parking light feed wire. Connect this wire
to a + 12 volt source capable of supplying 15 Amps of current to power both the parking lights and the control circuit.

Connecting the Red wire to chassis ground might supply the internal Parking Light relay with a ground input that is needed for the

trucks Parking Light MUX circuit ( along with the correct 1130 ohm resistance ) but might interfere with the APS25E's alarm circuits.
You seem to be having that issue now.

I believe the correct way to install the APS25E system into your 2013 RAM is to connect the Red wire to +12V constant as shown

in the install guide and use the relay wiring as shown above to actuate the trucks parking lights using the suggested 1,130 resistor
value and providing switch isolation. 

Done this way, everything should work properly.

Soldering is fun!
one92rs 
Posted: May 25, 2015 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote one92rs
ok. epic fail on my part somewhere. or in the brain of the alarm. hooked in relay with 1.k ohm resistor as instructed. siren would only chirp real low. unhooked and hooked back up the original way. still the same--low chirps. checked all power and ground connections. all good. checked siren--ok. miust be from the way it was hooked up to the right way we were hooking it up somehow. i think it is dead. so now i will move on to another basic alarm. thanks for your help.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic