the12volt.com spacer
icon

Two L5 kicker squares and hifonics Brutus 1200.1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bboop 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bboop
Alright I have a 1995 chevy z71 full size truck , I have zero gauge wire , 4 gauge ground 2 L5 kicker squares both in 4th holder boxes and a hifonics Brutus 1200.1 class d amp well the past 4 days I've been really slumping these they pounded crazy like volume 30-35 range well yesterday I was driving and slumping them and it just cut out the sub moves up and down just like kicking almost the amp has power doesn't go in protect still lite up and all I can shut my truck off restart it and work until about 20 on volume and it does it agian I checked fuses on amp good shape checked all wires going to amp are good , so I put a voltage meter on the amp when the door speakers are playing before bass hits it's around 14 then once bass drops the meter read like 9.03 I'm not sure if I have something fried or whats going on but tips or trouble shooting help would be greatly appreciated thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
There is a loose connection or a faulty wire or connector on your power or ground wiring.
When you checked voltage, where did you place the black meter lead? On the amplifier's ground terminal or to the body of the vehicle?
i am an idiot 
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Are your speakers dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm?
bboop 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bboop
4 ohm & just put it into ground on amp, I'm putting one sub back in right now I'm checking to make sure everything's still connected good in box , ill have to check power wire and ground next
i am an idiot 
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
This time use the chassis of the vehicle as a ground reference for the meter. If the voltage still reads 9 volts you have a bad connection or bad wire on the power path. If it now reads 12 or above and the amp is still shutting down, the problem is with the ground path.
bboop 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bboop
Problem was my power wire , it was lose where the wire connects to the fuse underneath the hood , thanks for putting me in the right direct greatly appreciated!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic