the12volt.com spacer
icon

Autopage C3-RS-730 Brake Switch Shutdown

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flip01002003 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote flip01002003
Hello all.
I recently had an Autopage C3-RS-730 2-way remote start system installed in my 2003 Trailblazer!
There is a slight issue with the system though. It doesn't seem crazy, I was just curious about something.
Autopage C3-RS-730 Brake Switch Shutdown -- posted image.
^^In this picture, number 17 - WHITE/ Violet goes to (+) Brake Switch Shutdown Input. It goes on the White wire on the brake switch.
Autopage C3-RS-730 Brake Switch Shutdown -- posted image.
In THIS picture^^ is my brake switch harness (attached to the brake pedal). As it appears, there are 2 white wires coming out of the harness. My finger is on the wire that the WHITE/ Violet wire is connected to.
When I use the remote start, the system does not shut down when the key is turned and I apply the brake pedal. Could this be the reason? Is the (+) Brake Switch Shutdown Input wire landed on the wrong wire???
I don't understand why there are 2 white wires coming off the brake switch and I can't exactly find a diagram that shows this.
Someone please help me!
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
flip01002003 wrote:
When I use the remote start, the system does not shut down when the key is turned and I apply the brake pedal.
Remote start it.
Push the brake.
If it stops running = no problem found. OK, normal operation.
Remote start it.
Turn the key on.
Push the brake. (Engine should stay running, because key is ON).
Turn the key off.
If it stops running = no problem found. OK, normal operation.
Do both of those white wires go into the same cavity? If = yes, they are identical in function, either one will work.
EDIT: I found a wiring diagram for a 2007. Both white wires are in cavity A. So I was correct. They are the same function. Hot with brake applied. Either one will work for the RS.
flip01002003 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote flip01002003
Here's what happens...
Remote start it.
Turn key on.
Remote start still active and my car runs in 3rd gear only.
As far as I know, when the key is turned and brake applied, the auto start system should shut off and the car takes over as normal operation. When I turn the key then apply the brake, the remote start system doesn't recognize that it should shut off.
My remote for my C3-RS-730 still thinks it's on auto start. Today I was driving after about 10 minutes of driving after auto start. I pulled over because she was riding VERY slow and I couldn't turn on cruise control. I hit the button on the remote to try to turn the auto start off, because the timer on the remote was still counting down. After I hit the button, the remote said that the engine was doodie off, even though I was just in park with the engine still running.
This is why I think the brake switch shutdown input had been Landed on the wrong wire. I just want some clarification to see if this is the reason why my car is dog this.
davep. 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2015 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
My question hasn't been answered: With the key OFF, does the brake shut it down??
3rd gear only means there isn't power to the transmission. Either one of the IGN circuits isn't powered or a fuse has blown. Probably the latter.
Same with the brake shut-down. Do the brake lights on the car work? If = NO, check fuses.
Your diagram with the connection notations on it is difficult to read. But it looks like all the IGN's and ACCY's were connected. There's even a relay with notations for the ORN accy circuit that powers the HVAC. It looks like they got them all.
There's a lot of fuses in these cars, in at least two locations. Consult your Owners Manual for the locations, then check them.
You imply the system was installed by someone else. I recommend you take it back to them to sort this out if replacing a couple of fuses doesn't fix it, or they blow again. If you have to drive it in 3rd gear only to take it to them, baby it from dead starts. Once it gets rolling, things are fine, but from a stop don't overpower it as this builds tremendous heat, and can cause the 3-4 clutch to slip which damages it. Be nice to it, and no harm will be done. But get it fixed.
flip01002003 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2015 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote flip01002003
Okay, I just went outside to try it. With the key OFF, the system DOES shut down when the brake is applied. And the brake lights work either way.
I've done a bit of research and found this thread (click here). These people experienced the same problem. I just want to know if this is logical and maybe that my installer didn't properly install one wire, and that would be causing this issue.
Oh and I probably should have mentioned it before, but all the excess writing and notations were mine. I was going to attempt this install myself but soon realized that I don't know as much as I thought about these things lol.
davep. 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2015 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
flip01002003 wrote:
Okay, I just went outside to try it. With the key OFF, the system DOES shut down when the brake is applied.
Then the brake shutdown is working properly. That's not the problem. Move on.
flip01002003 wrote:
I've done a bit of research and found this thread (click here). These people experienced the same problem. I just want to know if this is logical and maybe that my installer didn't properly install one wire, and that would be causing this issue.
Absolutely. The white IGN wire needs to be powered during a RS. This "white wire" thing has come up many times on here. Is there a Service Engine Soon light on after a remote start? If so, this is the next thing to check. Take it back.
flip01002003 wrote:
Oh and I probably should have mentioned it before, but all the excess writing and notations were mine. I was going to attempt this install myself but soon realized that I don't know as much as I thought about these things lol.
You may have had trouble with the bypass, but the RS is fairly straight forward. The GM "white wire" has been around for a long time now. I'm surprised that a shop missed it, unless it was an inexperienced new-hire that did your install. I have no idea. Take it back, don't fry your transmission.
flip01002003 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2015 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote flip01002003
Okay I'll move on from it, but there has to be something that is supposed to shut the remote start system off once the key is turned... correct? I had this system installed on my 95 Blazer and I didn't have this problem.
The Service Engine Soon light was on at all times, whether I started it with the remote or with the key itself. The codes were for transmission and torque converter. I have the actual codes if you want to know them for reference. I just cleared them out about an hour ago and they haven't come back yet. I could try the remote start and see if it comes back on.
I do plan on taking it back to the guys who installed it, don't get me wrong. But I also want to learn some of this for myself so I can install one on my wife's car for her birthday. I'm just trying to get an understanding of these systems and how they are wired.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
the only remote starter shutdown is opening of the hood, or foot brake. If you are getting CEL's make sure all ignition and accessories are powered.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
flip01002003 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote flip01002003
tedmond wrote:
the only remote starter shutdown is opening of the hood, or foot brake. If you are getting CEL's make sure all ignition and accessories are powered.
But the remote start system should shut down and the car should take over when the key is on and the brake is applied... Which doesn't happen.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
if you turn the key to the ignition position, press the brakes to shut off the remote start, and the car also shuts down you should bring it back immediately. It means an ignition wire was possibly damaged.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic