the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Highlander w/ smart key info?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2001eclipse 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2015 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 2001eclipse
Has anyone installed a remote start in this car? Planning on installing a 4X10 with the MC501 and THTLC12 (or whatever the model # the t-harness is).
The Highlander is the smart key with can (no keyport)
TIA
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
ive done them before usng idatalink, never before with a 4x10. Should work just fine though. Make sure you do not have a factory remote start installed, or your install will become very interesting.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
2001eclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 2001eclipse
Did the highlander you worked on have push to start withOUT keyport?
Im having trouble locating which ignition, starter, acc wires to use cause all the wires at the button are all thin...
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
The MC501 is NOT required if you have a smart key hihglander. The Relay pack is only required for high current applications (not appliciable to you).
You need to follow type 2 install with the T-harness. The 4x10 will controls the push start button.
Ted
Compustar Expert
2001eclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2015 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 2001eclipse
Sweet thanks for the info bro, but Im still having a little trouble...
Do i have to connect any of these wires:
H2/2 Yellow/Black Data TX (Types 1, 4-6)
H2/3 ORANGE / Black Data RX (Types 1, 4-6)
H2/4 Tan HS CAN Low (Types 1-3)
H2/5 Tan/Black HS CAN High (Types 1-3)
Those wires I listed above along with a couple wires are coming from the T-harness.
I wish I had the car with me so I can post a pic, but once it comes later today, I'll snap some pics and post them tonight.
I also cant find the starter switch wire which the install guide says its at the main body ecu, and from what it looks like it says its above the fuse box area, but the only thing I found was so module for the power steering or something. Is there a starter switch wire I can grab from the push to start button? Is the starter switch wire a wire i can test as if it were a regular starter wire?
tedmond 
Posted: June 01, 2015 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
You need these 2:
H2/4 Tan HS CAN Low (Types 1-3)
H2/5 Tan/Black HS CAN High (Types 1-3)
your vehicle follow install type 2a or 2b with the t-harness
Ted
Compustar Expert
2001eclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2015 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 2001eclipse
Any info on where I can get the starter switch wire?
According to the install manual its somewhere above/behind the fusebox, but all I can find is something that has to do with power steering. I couldnt even find the same looking plug.
tedmond 
Posted: June 05, 2015 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
the body ecu is easy to find. look behind the fuse box and you will see a creme coloured housing. this is the ecu but encased. you should be able to find the correct plug by laying on your back-look upwards to the backside of the fusebox, and its the very top plug to the right
Ted
Compustar Expert
2001eclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 2001eclipse
Sweet, thanks for the info! I actually had to unbolt the ecu to take off the plug cause my first few attemps without removing the ecu got my finger cut from something lol.
Thanks again bro, your help/info is very much appreciated :)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic