the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Nissan Rogue Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsigna 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
howie ll wrote:
Ignore it. Note I'm not going by experience, the UK version has a different name and is made here, I'm using Directechs for the 2015 Rogue with PTS.
Okay I think I understand.
beige pin 10 LOCK ------------- Green Viper 3 pin
lt. blue pin 40 UNLOCK ---------------- Blue Viper 3 Pin
Pink pin 13 Disarm ---------GREEN/ black Factory viper disarm.
Seems to make sense.. Yet right now and for months I have had the blue viper 3 pin unlock going to the pink wire with double pulse and it unlocks the car no issue.
This is what worries me. If I set the factory disarm to 2 pulses wouldn't it just unlock the doors since that is what it is doing now?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No that pink is disarm no unlock.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
howie ll wrote:
I totally understand WHY you are saying that but like I said. Right now I have the blue unlock going directly to the Pink wire double pulse and it unlocks!
Look at this.. maybe this is why..
Maybe it is because the unlock is D2D from Viper to iDataLink which means that unlock and lock are hooked up correctly automatically.
2015 Nissan Rogue Issues - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
Now the factory alarm disarms when unlocked due to my mis-wiring. I have the viper unlock connected to the factory disarm on double pulse. This is why I can unlock the doors and not have the factory alarm go off.
How ever when RS or Trunk pop is engaged the viper sends a disarm ONLY (not unlock) and this wire is not hooked up which ends up in the alarm going off). When I unlock the doors the disarm of the factory alarm happens and the car starts or trunk pops.
Something tells me the iDataLink takes care of the Lock/Unlock though the CAN wires. The fact that I am using D2D means I probably can ignore the Viper Unlock wire and just use the Viper Disarm on the Pink wire.. Let the iDataLink to Viper D2D unlock the car VIA can wires and let the viper disarm the car when starting. The Arm/Lock is listed as the same wire so I will leave the green 3 pin Viper Lock connected too the Brown wire.
See these docs here:
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2015 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
howie ll wrote:
Another Monday / another Rogue bump lol.
Hey all,
So still trying to get to the bottom of this before I go switching wires around.
Summary:
I need to use the Factory Disarm Viper Wire.
I assume I need to wire it to the Pink Wire supplied by the BCM listed in the iDataLink guide above.
What do I do with the Viper 3 wire Unlock wire. (Currently wired to the pink wire with a double pulse).
Unlock works not but after letting the factory alarm set (after 30 min of so) the factory alarm goes off when remote starting / opening trunk hatch.
I assume because when unlocking the trunk hatch / or remote starting the factory alarm needs to be disarmed. With the factory disarm wire not hooked up that makes sense that the alarm is going off.
However.. do I hook up factory disarm to the pink (double pulse)?? Do I hook up the unlock to a wire (double or single pulse?).
I need to know for sure before I go messing with things.
Thank you Master Jedi's!
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2015 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
bump please
mpe235 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2015 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpe235
I am not familiar with the idatalink modules. Can the module be configured to unlock the doors before remote start and lock after the vehicle is running?
Nissan Master Tech.
mpe235 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2015 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpe235
Looking at the install guide for the 5704 it looks like the viper arm wire will go to lock on the vehicle and disarm to unlock. You will also use the lock and unlock wires on the same wires. Set menu 2 option 7 to disarm on remote start. Menu 3 option 16 to remote start safelock on. I believe that would relock after the vehicle starts. Also I think Nissan uses the first pulse to disarm and the second to unlock so you could try setting up the disarm on single pulse to see if that works.
Nissan Master Tech.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2015 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
mpe235 wrote:
Looking at the install guide for the 5704 it looks like the viper arm wire will go to lock on the vehicle and disarm to unlock. You will also use the lock and unlock wires on the same wires. Set menu 2 option 7 to disarm on remote start. Menu 3 option 16 to remote start safelock on. I believe that would relock after the vehicle starts. Also I think Nissan uses the first pulse to disarm and the second to unlock so you could try setting up the disarm on single pulse to see if that works.
Wow okay that makes sense.
So I should wire the GREEN / WHITE factory arm wire from the viper with the green lock wire to the cars brown lock wire. (is the factory arm really necessary?)
Then wire the GREEN/ black factory disarm from the viper to the blue lock wire to the cars pink unlock wire.
Set unlock to double pulse. Factory disarm to single pulse.
Then set menu 2 option 7 to disarm on remote start.
If I have disarm set to only 1 pulse I will not need to safelock after remote start so I will not do menu 3 option 16.
The factory remote on single unlock would just unlock the driver door. Then the second unlock would unlock all doors.
I know for a fact a single pulse did nothing physically. Maybe it was just disabling factory alarm.
Thank you!
P.S I did wire the factory alarm to the unlock and did it for single pulse and set it to disarm only on remote start and trunk pop.
I did not wire the factory arm because I figure that is a single pulse and so is the lock so what is the difference and when would I want to arm and not lock?
So far so good.. I will know in the next few days.
Thanks!
Page of 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic