the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Nissan Rogue Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shendrix0929 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2015 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shendrix0929
U have to hook up all those wires for the IDATALINK to work. Also the factory disarm wire from the viper has to be hooked up for the factory to disarm. If not u will keep having issues with it. There is no skipping in remote starts. Welcome to car audio!
steveotheinstaller
jsigna 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2015 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
shendrix0929 wrote:
U have to hook up all those wires for the IDATALINK to work. Also the factory disarm wire from the viper has to be hooked up for the factory to disarm. If not u will keep having issues with it. There is no skipping in remote starts. Welcome to car audio!
I am not trying to skip.. I just decided to do d2d.
You bring up a big point. I have the viper unlock wire being used right now to the car.
You bring up the factory disarm wire on viper. Right now with my d2d wiring I am not using that wire at all. Is this my issue. It seems once the factory alarm arms which happens over time is when thr car won't start without the factory alarm going off.
Where would I the viper aux harness factory disarm wire too? Does it get tied in with the unlock? Wouldn't think so.. Thanks for the reply!
Edit.. after looking at everything.. This has got to be my issue..
Do I use both the unlock and disarm wires on the pink BCM wire?
Or do I just use the disarm and not use the unlock?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Let me explain. Here in Europe we generally only have DB-ALL2.
I wire D2D but say Euro GM pre-2010 they don't allow for parking brake so you hardwire BLACK/ white on H2 either to ground or parking brake.
What the CAN module won't accommodate, hardwire.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
I knew the Viper can bypass the D2D by hard wire. I wasn't sure about the module.
But... I am pretty sure that is not my issue.
I think my issue is that I am not using the factory disarm viper wire .
I have a double pulse coming from the unlock only. I am wondering how I should go about wiring the unlock and or disarm. Do I just not use the unlock wire? Do I use the low volt aux harness disarm wire only to the pink BCM wire?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Double pulse from factory disarm, here's how:-
double_pulse.png
The diode on the relay is a 1N4004.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
Thank you for that..
So to be clear..
My Viper has an option for the factory disarm wire to be set to negative double pulse.
I can't just use that due to the low amperage so that is why I need a relay?
Also so now I just cut off the Viper Unlock wire and no longer use that?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Leave the unlock wire, unlock and factory disarm are different functions.
Nothing to do with current, the relay simply gives you a second pulse 1 second after.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
howie ll wrote:
Double pulse from factory disarm, here's how:-
double_pulse.png
The diode on the relay is a 1N4004.
After looking at the picture I see the Relay 30 prong also is wired back to the GREEN/ black. Now is that to replicate the "2 pules"?
Can I just set the Viper to use double pulse factory disarm and then wire the relay like that minus the 30 prong wired back to the GREEN/ black and only to the pink BCM?
Sorry and thank you so much!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No AFAIK the Viper can't provide a double pulse on factory arm disarm, the relay is simply in series.
The way I showed the wiring the GREEN/ black factory disarm gives the pink factory disarm its first pulse then the relay gives it the second pulse.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
howie ll wrote:
No AFAIK the Viper can't provide a double pulse on factory arm disarm, the relay is simply in series.
The way I showed the wiring the GREEN/ black factory disarm gives the pink factory disarm its first pulse then the relay gives it the second pulse.
Thank you so it is not a amperage thing it is a way to make a double pulse.. Nice.
Check this out:
Could I do this instead?
2015 Nissan Rogue Issues - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic