the12volt.com spacer
icon

1996 Honda Accord New Stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayhawksforlife 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2015 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayhawksforlife
I am installing a Boss 648UA into my 1996 Honda Accord. The wires were all cut of the Metra 71-1720. So my plan is to buy a new Metra 71-1720, then connect it to the cut wires. I am also going to buy the Metra 70-1720. Then when I have connected the cut wires to the Metra 71-1720 I will connect that to the Metra 70-1720. Then, I know what to do from there. My question is if this is a good way of going about things? Will the Metra 70-1720 connect to the Metra 71-1720? Will the wires in the new Metra 71-1720 be similar to the colors of the cut wires or will they be the aftermarket colors?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2015 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Top of my head, I've no idea but here's an old school method guaranteed to work.
You'll need a DMM or test light and a battery new AA or PP3.
First stage,
1 wire 12V+ constant fuse labelled "memory".
1 wire 12V+ ACC fuse "audio".
1 Wire ground.
1 wire illumination. (Gauge illumination).
1 wire we'll come to later.
You should now have 8 wires.
Now look under the back shelf you should see the wire colours and speaker terminals for both speakers.
Look at the terminals, right hand side is "hot" note the four wire colours then back to the front.
PP3/AA to each pair, that's your back.
Front, battery to all 4 will give you the two pairs, you might even see the speaker cone move; if towards you you're in phase.
Now that last wire. If you have a power antenna, it's the trigger wire. Test by joining with your 12V+ constant, it should raise the antenna, disconnecting should bring the antenna down.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2015 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
wth here's your colours, actually all Hondas are the same:-
12V+ = constant WHITE/ yellow
ACC + = WHITE/ red
Ground = black
Illum. = RED / black
Antenna remote switch = yellow/white
F/left = blue/green + ... grey/black -
F/right = RED / green +... BROWN / black -
R/left = blue / YELLOW +... grey/white -
R/right = RED / yellow +... BROWN / white -
Unlikely but if there's a violet/white attached it's speed pulse (VSS).

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic