the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Nissan Murano pts immobilizer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mattgintx 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2015 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mattgintx
I'm going to install a remote start system in my wife's 2009 Nissan Murano with push to start with the help of my brother who recently installed a remote start in his truck with the help of you good folks
I'm going to go with a viper 5706v and my question at this point pertains to the immobilizer. It seems the dball and the idatalink are both popular choices.
My goal with the install is to remotely start the car, unlock the car, apply the brake and be able to drive. From what I've read I'm getting conflicting info on whether either of the above units takeover can handle this. My preference is to not have to get in the car and press the Nissan push to start button prior to driving and of course for the car to not shutoff.
Any info or help is greatly appreciated.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2015 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
i've used the idatalink and it works great with the murano. cant comment on the dball as I have no experience with it for your particular vehicle
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
mpe235 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2015 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpe235
The fortin evo all and T harness also work very good on these vehicles. It makes the install very easy and you can use the factory remote to start the vehicle.
Nissan Master Tech.
mattgintx 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2015 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mattgintx
My wife wants to be able to start the car from her office so it's cooled down by the time she gets in it so I'll need an aftermarket solution for the distance. I think I'll go with the idatalink.
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll update with any problems and how happy she is with it
mpe235 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2015 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpe235
You can add an Rf kit to the evo all which will give you an antenna and 2 long range remotes. It is a pretty simple install with the t harness.
Nissan Master Tech.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic