the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar CM6200+Blade AL weird behavior

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrsmith 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2015 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jrsmith
I recently purchased an 06 Cobalt LT Automatic sedan. It came with an aftermarket Compustar CM6200+Blade AL remote starter system. It has a fob that is programmed to the 6200, Model # 1WG6R-SH CN.
The problem I am having is that only one button is working on the remote, the "lock" button. And when I use the "lock" button, it doesn't activate the alarm, only the doors lock. With the other buttons, I hear a "click" coming from the CM6200, but nothing happens.
I did try doing a blade-al relearn, which was successful based on the LED's, although it didn't change the behavior.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2015 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
a 6200 is a starter only. It can be configured to become an alarm, but additional programming is required.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jrsmith 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2015 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jrsmith
The cobalt Lt has a factory alarm installed, I.e. When I use the lock switch on the console it will lock doors and activate alarm once I shut the door.
What bothers me I that the fob unlock button wont work...like why will the fob lock the door but not unlock them!!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2015 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
What you mean is all the buttons physically work, and commands are sent from the remote to the car, but the car only locks and nothing else?
If that's the case I would start checking to see if all your connectors are back in place. You could have accidently plugged the blade connector into the input/output socket. Other than that it's a real simple car to do overall.
Look in the pictorial section. I did one not long ago, and use that to trace your connections.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jrsmith 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jrsmith
Yes, that's right, the fob will only lock the doors, not unlock, not open the trunk, not start the car. Well I don't know if the other commands are being sent to the car or not, I just know I hear a "click" from the unit when I press the other buttons.
Could a hardware fault in either the compustar unit or blade-al be causing this?
It was clearly installed by a professional. I'll double check tonight but all wires look pretty securely soldered. The blade-al is definitely plugged into the right socket. Like I already mentioned I did do a blade-al relearn using the steps from the blade-al manual, and it was successful based on the LED lights that I saw.
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2015 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shafferny
If you press the unlock, trunk release, or RS button and you hear the 6200 brain clicking(relays triggering), it sounds like the signal is making its way from the remote to the antenna and then to the brain. It also sounds like the brain is executing the commands, but the problem lies somewhere after that. It could be a faulty Blade or some poor connections. The likelihood of all the connections for the unlock, truck release and RS to fail at the same time is pretty darn slim, so I would lean towards a faulty Blade. Before replacing the Blade, you could test the Blade outputs to make sure the appropriate signals are being sent.
jrsmith 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2015 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jrsmith
Thanks. Can I just plug in a new blade-al and "learn" it to my car, or is some kind of custom programming involved?
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2015 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shafferny
Unfortunately it would have to be programmed for your specific vehicle.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic