the12volt.com spacer
icon

5901v Blower Motor Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
13nielsen 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2015 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 13nielsen
Hello everyone i am new to this forum but have heard many great things so thought it was time to join the community. Story is i have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 it has power everything, it has the standard black key. it Came with a viper 5901 2way alarm system. everything works perfectly as far as door locks, starting shutting down no codes picture perfect...except..the blower motor will not turn on, the ac compressor turns on but the blower motor wont. of course once you turn the key in the igntion on then the motor kicks on but untill then engine runs and you can hear the compressor kick on and off as should but the blower motor does nothing. i know there is a green and orange wire in the ignition harness that have something to do with it but i havnt dug into this at all so any help is much appreciated.
03 Ram 1500 4.7 5901v Alarm
dman007 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2015 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dman007
What seems to be happening is that not all of your ignition wires are being powered up by the remote starter. First you will need to test the existing wires to see which ones need power, then install a relay to power the wire.
What you will need is a test light, DMM, power probe etc.
and a 30 amp SPDT relay.
DTS Performance
St Petersburg, FL
13nielsen 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2015 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 13nielsen
After doing some research and digging under the dash I found the orange accessory wire on the module and the Orange wire on the ignition harness. They are already cut and spliced to together. everywhere I read says that there's a green accessory wire on my ignition harness also that needs to be spliced to it. I found 2 identical green wires, so taking a test light and finding one is hot all the time and one only with key so I assume that needs to be attached but when I run a jumper wire just to see if splicing the green and oranges together made it work I failed and nothing happened. Touching the Orange wires to a open spot on the red and black wired breaker does turn the blower motor on though so I know I'm close
13nielsen 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2015 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 13nielsen
Okay problems got worse. i found the orange wire on the unit connected to the orange wire on the ignition harness but noticed no green wire attached also so i started using a jumper wire back and forth seeing if connecting them helped then tried running it to one of the relays and got it to work but the blower worked all the time then so i gave up and put it back to how it was when i started working with it but now i can turn the AC and Defrost buttons on when the vehicle is off !! and to top it off my ABS light and Brake light are on now ! ugh i dont dare driver it now what do i do
13nielsen 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2015 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 13nielsen
also doubting what the alarm is now since the box under the dash says 4x04 but remotes look nothing like what comes with a 4x04 since i have the 5901 lcd remote and the standard no screen remote
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2015 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I think box should be stamped 5X01. Current generation is stamped either 5X04 or 5X06.
13nielsen 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2015 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 13nielsen
Well it's stamped 4x04.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic