the12volt.com spacer
icon

Flash parking lights lock/unlock Lexus SC300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
isffun 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2015 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote isffun
My goal is to make the parking lights flash when the REMOTE ONLY locks or unlocks. Here are some short details:
Year / Piezo Beep / Flashing Lights
1992-1995 / N / N
1995-1997 / Y / N
1998-2000 / Y / Y
My first plan was to run a tap from the door lock and unlock wires in the kickpanel directly to the emergency flasher button in the dash. However I discovered that the car has separate relays for the left and light sides of the car. Also, I believe that whenever the emergency flasher as on, it would trigger the locks, so that wouldn't work. The other problem is that whenever you manually locked the doors with the door switches, the lights would flash so that's another reason it wouldn't work. I just need the factory remote to trigger the lights like a modern car, not the door switches.
I then thought to run a relay from the piezo beeper in the wheel well to a 12V auto relay then to the turn signal relays. However after taking the tire off, pulling out the wheel well to get to the piezo I discovered that it's a 5V with two wires, one for lock and the other for unlock (no ground). The problem here is that you can't trigger a 12V relay with a 5V source. I'm not electrically skilled enough to build some sort of step up transformer or have a 5V relay trigger another 12V relay, this just gets complicated.
So the 1998+ factory ECU has a dedicated signal to trigger the turn signals with the remote and an aftermarket ECU has this as well, but there's got to be a way to do this with the factory remote (maybe find the first 12V output wire from the remote transmitter box and tap there?).
The guides on this side with the relay diagrams seem to apply to aftermarket systems that have 30-60 timers, but the factory alarm doesn't work that way.
Any ideas?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2015 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Try this relay A locks out the ignition so this doesn't bring locks and lights on, relay B should give you enough delay for a second pulse, I did it for 2 lock and one unlock.
If you want to reverse this just turn lock and unlock around.
note the diodes, essential they are all 1N4004.:- add_sound_and_light.png

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic