the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 jeep liberty, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
azamora619 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2015 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azamora619
Hi, I just bought a 2008 liberty and I want to install a remote start/alarm (Python 574) with Fortin EVO-ALL & THAR-CHR5 T-Harness and installation with DATA-LINK . I have done remote start installation on my previous vehicle, but this vehicle has the mux system which I am not familiar with. that been said and looking at the wiring diagram I see that there is no starter or accessory wire, to connect alarm to. so I am assuming that those are through the evo-all and t-harness is this correct? Here is the list of my wiring, I would appreciate it if I could get help.
python 574 with EVO-ALL & T-HARNESS.
MAIN HARNESS (H1)
H1/1 RED (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT - CAR BATTERY
H1/2 BLACK (-)CHASIS GROUND - TO GOOD GROUND
H1/3 BROWN (+)SIREN OUTPUT - TO SIREN
H1/4 WHITE/ BROWN PK LIGHT ISOALTION WIRE - NOT USED
H1/5 WHITE PARKING LIGHT WIRE - TO WHITE/ PURPLE WIRE ON VEHICLE
H1/6 ORANGE (-)500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT - NOT USED
H2 HARNESS
H2/1 PINK/WHITE (-)2OOmA IGNITION/FLEX RELAY OUTPUT - NOT USED
H2/2 BLACK/ WHITE (-)NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH - TO GROUND
H2/3 BLUE/WHITE (-)200mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER - NOT USED.
H2/4 GREEN/ BLACK (-)OEM ALARM DISARM OUTPUT - NOT USED
H2/5 RED / WHITE (-)TRUNK RELEASE - EVO-ALL A13
H2/6 GREEN (-)DOOR TRIGGER - EVO-ALL A4
H2/7 BLACK YELLOW (-)200mA DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION - NOT USED
H2/8 BROWN / BLACK (-)200mA HORN HONK - TO VEHICE GREEN/ PURPLE WIRE
H2/9 DARK BLUE (-)200mA STATUS OUTPUT - EVO-ALL A8
H2/10 PINK (-)200mA IGNITION OUTPUT - NOT USED
H2/11 WHITE/ BLACK - (-)200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT - NOT USED
H2/12 VIOLET (+)DOOR TRIGGER INPUT - NOT USED
H2/13 WHITE/ VIOLET (-)200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT - NOT USED
H2/14 VIOLET/BLACK (-)200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT - NOT USED
H2/15 ORANGE / BLACK (-)200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT - NOT USED
H2/16 BROWN (+)BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT TO EVO-ALL A11
H2/17 GREY (-)HOOD PIN INPUT - TO HOOD PIN OR
H2/18 VIOLET YELLOW (-)200mA STARTER OUTPUT - NOT USED
H2/19 BLUE - (-) TRUNK PIN/INSTANT TRIGGER TO EVO-ALL A5
H2/20 GREY/BLACK (-)DISEL WAIT TO START - NOT USED
H2/21 WHITE/ BLUE (-)REMOTE START/TURBO TIMER - NOT USED
H2/22 ORANGE (-)200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT - NOT USED
H2/23 VIOLET/WHITE TACH INPUT - TO EVO-ALL A12
H2/24 GREEN / WHITE (-)200mA OEM ALARM OUTPUT - NOT USED
REMOTE START (H3)
H3/1 PINK (+)IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT - TO EVO-ALL A1 AND TO T-HARNESS YELLOW WIRE.
H3/2 RED / WHITE FLEX RELAY (+)12V INPUT - NOT USED
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT - DIAGRAM DOES NOT SHOW THIS WIRE, DOES THE T-HARNESS AND EVO-ALL TAKE CARE OF THIS WIRE OR HOW IS THIS WIRE CONNECTED ???
H3/4 VIOLET (+)STARTER OUTPUT CAR SIDE - WIRE DIAGRAM DOES NOT SHOW STARTER WIRE EITHER, WHERE IS THIS WIRE CONNECTED?
H3/5 GREEN (+)STARTER INPUT KEY SIDE - ??????
H3/6 RED IGNITION +12V INPUT TO 12V BATTERY
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (30)FLEX RELAY OUTPUT - NOT USED
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (87a)FLEX RELAY INPUT - NOT USED
H3/9 RED / BLACK ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY 12V INPUT - ??????
H3/10 NC
IF POSSIBLE PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF I HAVE WIRED EVERYTHING CORRECTLY AND ALSO ON THE INSTALLATION GUIDE OF THE EVO-ALL IT STATES THAT I SHOULD WIRE THE ALARMS 12VOLT POWER SOURCE FROM THE T-HARNESS DATA-LINK RED 12V BATTERY WIRE AND IF PARKING LIGHTS ARE MORE THAN 10AMPS TO WIRE THE ALARMS POWER TO THE CAR BATTERY. MY QUESTION IS EVEN IT THE PARKING LIGHTS ARE LESS THAN 10AMP CAN Y WIRE ALL OF THE ALARMS 12VDC POWER INPUT FROM THE BATTERY FUSE? (alarms 12volt power and ignition 12v power). ANY HELP WILL REALLY BE APPRECIATED. THANKS.....
Knowledge is Power.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2015 at 6:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Very good research.  Personally, because there are so few actual vehicle connections, I omit the T-Harness and save a few bucks

on these vehicles.  The T-Harness will make things faster and neater looking.

Only a few things to mention.

You might be disappointed with the R/S to horn operation.   There typically is a delay from the button to the horn that is annoying...

On the Parking Lights, ensure that you set the Vipers' Jumper/Fuse to (+).  That is the factory default but it's always best to verify.

On newer Chrysler vehicles, the R/S's Accessory Output is not necessary, so H3/3 won't be needed.

The Viper has two wires for the Starter wire to support Starter Kill and Anti-Grind.  With your vehicle and the EVO-ALL, you will only

use the H3/4 Violet wire for the connection to the EVO-ALL at A9.  The H3/5 Green wire won't be used.  Additionally, H3/9 must be
connected to +12V constant to supply the H3/4 Starter Output.

As for the +12V constant supply to the Viper and EVO-ALL, I would find a thicker +12V constant wire in the vehicle or even directly

to the battery.  The Viper, EVO-ALL, (+) Parking Lights and siren might be more than the ignition harness can handle.  I usually find
a thick ( 12 - 14 gauge ) wire in the DKP for this purpose and fuse the R/S system at 10 Amps.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2015 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Think there's a thick RED / yellow going towards the kickpanel to handle those functions.
azamora619 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2015 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azamora619
kreg357 thanks for the clarification, it will be a much faster and easier install. just one more thing, since I going with data link instead of the W2W, do I still have to connect the remote starter wire H3/4 to the evo-all A9. In the evo-all installation guide, it shows that if using the data-link the remotes starter h3/4 wire does not need to be connected to Evo-All A9 is this correct. and even this is correct, the H3/9 should still be connected to 12volt source???
Knowledge is Power.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2015 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Guess I got confused here.  Your wire chart lead me to believe that you were going W2W.  This wouldn't be unusual for an install with a factory flashed EVO-ALL going with a Directed R/S unit.

However, if you intend to go D2D between the EVO-ALL and the Python R/S, you should be following the Connection A wiring chart in this EVO-ALL install guide  :  http://fortin.ca/download/28831/evo-all_thar-chr5_(t-harness).rev-20150216.pdf 

The other important part of going D2D with a Directed system is a setting in the EVO-ALL's Options.  Specifically, Option F3 must be set to YES to support the necessary DBI D2D protocol.  Do you have the Fortin FlashLink cable?  You will need this cable, FlashLink Manager S/W downloaded on your PC and an internet connection to change this option in the EVO-ALL module prior to install. 

Soldering is fun!
azamora619 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2015 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azamora619
MY MISTAKE, I FORGOT TO POST THAT I WAS GOING TO GO D2D. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION, AND YES I DO HAVE THE FORTIN FLASH LINK AND I HAVE TURNED ON OPTION F3 THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP. NOW I THINK I AM READY TO DO THIS INSTALL...
Knowledge is Power.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic