the12volt.com spacer
icon

535t install on 2010 ford taurus sel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xraytedrick 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2015 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xraytedrick
Hello. Does the 2010 Taurus have a control module for the power windows? Can the 535t be installed on just the drivers master switch or will wires need to be run to both doors.
Rick
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2015 at 5:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Both doors to the motor wires.
xraytedrick 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2015 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xraytedrick
Hello. I've connected brown and white wires to drivers switch and green and blue wires to drivers motor. I tried programming and window will go down and inch then stop. Repeat that cycle and it stops. Tried programming multiple times with same result. What should I do next?
Rick
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Make surer you have correct motor wires in EACH door and read the instructions.
xraytedrick 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2015 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xraytedrick
Connected both sides straight to motor. Passenger side worked. Driver side only moved in steps never fully open or closed on learn routine. I tried helping the window up and down but that did not help. The instructions say additional programming may be an option but I tried placing it in learn mode many times. Is there a way to clear previous programming?
Is the window module part of the motor? Driver window motor harness has five wires and passenger has only two. I have motor wires hooked directly to proper up down on motor harness. Is there something else?
Rick
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2015 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You need to get inside the motor, good luck with that.
xraytedrick 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2015 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xraytedrick
Will it work wired as four window up only? Would 529t work in front driver door instead?
Thanks for your help.
Rick
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2015 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I thought the driver's door was what you were talking about.
xraytedrick 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2015 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xraytedrick
I wanted to install the 535t to control both front windows in both directions. It seems like I can't do that with the driver window module being part of the motor.
1. Will a 529t controlling that door only still have the same problem.
2. Can I use the 535t to only roll up all four windows or does the module in the driver door prevent that also?
3. Can I not connect the driver door wires and use the 535t to control the other three windows as auto up when armed? Will it learn only three windows (without driver window).
Thanks
Rick

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic