the12volt.com spacer
icon

Automatic window closer, BMW X3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roakusfm 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2016 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote roakusfm
hello bro, i think I have to stop because its impossible. I found factory arm wire and the wiring diagram said: meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder but there was nothing inn that wire. I think i have to add extra relay. Because the yellow connect to negative and its contact with brown and BLACK/ white when the relay active, then all that wires turn to negative for 10 second.BMW said to me that its impossible to do that....
Peace and Love
dosoft 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2016 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dosoft
I was impressed of your politeness until now. Calling someone "bro" is not polite, please don't do it. I understand you don't know it, so it's fine, but keep it in mind.
It's definitely possible to do it. Don't listen to BMW. You need to find a few wires inside the driver's door. Ground, +12V constant, door lock coming from the key cilinder and door lock coming from the door module and going to the lock actuator (motor). If I remember correctly the lock actuator has 3 wires going into it. I will give you the wire colors later. I have the same car and have to open my driver's door to replace the speakers anyway. Will take pictures to make it easier for you. I just need to find time for that.
roakusfm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2016 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote roakusfm
Ok thanks Dosoft. the bro i always use is means brother. but anyway, thanks I am not going to use again. Please and yours, you did the same thing i want to do? And always I can use the same relay to do that work? If I can understand good, then I can do it.
Peace and Love
dosoft 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2016 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dosoft
I know what "bro" means, I live in NY. But it is not polite.
You only need the module to do it. No extra relay. I have not done it because I don't want my windows and sunroof to close every time I lock the doors. But theoretically it should work with that module. I'm not sure if I will be able to take pictures because there is a foam cover inside the door which needs to be removed and it could brake very easy, especially in cold weather. This foam prevents water of soaking the door panel, so be very careful not to damage it. Cut the black sticky glue that holds it with sharp knife , and then stick it back while heating it up with hairdryer or otherwise.
roakusfm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2016 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote roakusfm
Ok dosoft, thanks a lot.
Peace and Love
Page of 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic