the12volt.com spacer
icon

Install Wiring - Status Output Wire & Hello

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2015 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
In all honesty I wouldn't go near this system. It's completely unsuited to your car.
For instance during start cycle ACC is also involved, no provision, 4 ign inc. ACC again, no provision.
Go to a tractor/truck store and buy an ignition switch, about $20 or visit a wrecker's yard.
jayson wonder 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2015 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayson wonder
Yeah, OK.. Harsh but true as they would say. I did replace ingnition switch before thinking it was my problem but it was not. The actually steering wheel lock broke and jammed up the key cylinder and the cost of not only replacing them along with new keys and dealer programming fees.... gets high. I guess I am stuck with this for now. I just might have to disconnect it and proceed to ho twire car as required or get a switch as you say. I do have a switch though that came with my starter system. At least I can salvage that form the purchase no?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2015 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Going to take some time but I'm doing a diagram. NOTE no responsibility accepted!
jayson wonder 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2015 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayson wonder
howie ll wrote:
Going to take some time but I'm doing a diagram. NOTE no responsibility accepted!
Awesome man. No responsibility on you whatsoever. I am grateful for any help in this situation.
Thanks,
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2015 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Here you go:-
bmw_e39.png
Install Wiring - Status Output Wire & Hello - Page 2 -- posted image.
Note:-
The 4 relays are all the same, standard automotive, you can probably get the 5 pin type more easily, if so use them and ignore pin marked 87a.
I've set it up so you get keyless entry and comfort close although the inbuilt timer may not be long enough to close roof if present. Ground everything to a steering column bolt, 12mm spanner size.
jayson wonder 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2015 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayson wonder
Wow, this is amazing. I am going to need to wrap my head around this. I wanna make sure I know what I am doing before starting. You are a real problem and this was fast work. While I study this I can purchase 5 relays correct? 1 x 5 pin and 4 x 4 pin standard relays are whay I need?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2015 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No either 4 pin OR 5 pin it's just that 5 pins are more common but not needed here.
Any auto-parts store or wreckers yard, Jeep- Cherokee from the mid 90s are a great source (under-hood relay box)!!
jayson wonder 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2015 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayson wonder
jayson wonder wrote:
Wow, this is amazing. I am going to need to wrap my head around this. I wanna make sure I know what I am doing before starting. You are a real problem and this was fast work. While I study this I can purchase 5 relays correct? 1 x 5 pin and 4 x 4 pin standard relays are whay I need?
I meant real professional not problem. Daym autocorrect... You are really helping me solve a huge problem.
So I just ordered the 5 relays needed. Looking at the best way to proceed. I think I understand most of what it going on in the diagram. I have a couple of questions to be safe...
Regarding the stereo head unit, what it the reason for this being involved?
The logic of the relay between bypass module and system? I will attach the pic to explain what I mean.
Thanks again for sure professional work.
jayson wonder 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2015 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayson wonder
Here is the question I had, thanks.
Install Wiring - Status Output Wire & Hello - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2015 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes to both of your questions above.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic