the12volt.com spacer
icon

Install Wiring - Status Output Wire & Hello

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayson wonder 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayson wonder
howie ll wrote:
I think the PTS module ends to see the bin!
That's funny. In know you are serious too. I have no choice but to push on cause I cant even start car after 2 weeks. I will go test my connections once again.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I apologise for being cynical but I've seen these POS products before, warned people off but it has always had the same result.
jayson wonder 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayson wonder
howie ll wrote:
I apologise for being cynical but I've seen these POS products before, warned people off but it has always had the same result.
No need to apologize as I know you warned me from the start.
I have some progress and things are looking promising. I now have power at the PTS and recognizes key FOB and I have power at the start button. I am able to push once to turn on/off ACC. I cannot start the car though. I think that is related to clutch switch wiring.
When testing I cannot get power or signal at the white wire from PTS. Does it make sense to you that this wire only outputs when clutch / brake is pressed?
Your original diagram had the brown wire going to the brake. In the instructions it says should go to ON 1. Is this meaning that brown is looking for a 12V signal from the brake, in my case clutch? Can it get this signal from the clutch switch or should this brown go elsewhere?
It is so nice to see progress.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Brake only, out of interest cut the brown wire to the clutch switch, it might let you start without the clutch.
You should get power from the white.
jayson wonder 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayson wonder
howie ll wrote:
Brake only, out of interest cut the brown wire to the clutch switch, it might let you start without the clutch.
You should get power from the white.
Ok, so more progress but not quite solved yet.
I tested the clutch wire harness and found the following:
Brown = Ground
Blue = 12V when clutch pedal pressed
Violet = 12V when clutch not pressed & ACC ON
SO I have connected the Brown wire from PTS to the blue wire.
When I press again to turn to Ignition ON or try to start everything seems short out. Have not blown a fuse or anything but start button turns off and kinda resets.
Still nothing at white. Getting closer to the end I feel.
jayson wonder 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayson wonder
Oh and when I press in the clutch it cuts out / shorts also.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2015 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Take a jumper from your constant to the 3 X lt. green ignitions ACC and red on the 556U. Ground the blue on the 556U.
Your instrument lights should come on.
Then feed from constant to starter wire for about 1 second.
If engine fires your wiring is OK.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2015 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Or even easier, take a feed from the constant to the white from your PTS, then to the start for 1 second.
jayson wonder 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2015 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jayson wonder

howie ll wrote:
Or even easier, take a feed from the constant to the white from your PTS, then to the start for 1 second.

Sounds great. As soon as I can finish work I will be testing this. Let's hope for sucess.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2015 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
It's the clutch switch that was doing the damage, that brown is a GROUND.
You need to feed 12V+ to the blue when starting.
If you join the violet to the blue, it should start without depressing the clutch.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic