the12volt.com spacer
icon

ADM 200sx S14a Factory Door unlock and locking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dekkerboy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2015 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dekkerboy
Hi,
I have a 1996 ADM 200sx S14a i think also known as a 240sx in America. I have looked at lots of the guides/wiring lists in this forum to wire in an alarm system and tried to locate the wires in my car, however the colours for the power door unlock/ lock do not exist on my anti theft module. i.e the guide suggests a brown wire and a light GREEN / WHITE wires. I do not have these on my module. If anyone could shed some light it would be much appreciated.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2015 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Original shape 200 SX needed an actuator in the driver's door.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2015 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Grey and purple with silver dots, NEG (-) trigger loom to DKP.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2015 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Does the key in either driver or passenger door lock both doors? Try the following:-
Probe the theft module or any plug at driver kick panel.
12V test light, Snap-On etc. with an incandescent bulb, clip to ground, probe to each wire.
If the passenger side doesn't lock the driver side you have single point locking and need an actuator.
There were so many local market derivatives, Oz was closest to JDM, UK mph, not kph and no factory alarm.
dekkerboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2015 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dekkerboy
The key does not lock the opposite door. Only the key fob locks/unlocks both doors. I will purchase a central locking kit and then change the actuators over. I probed the pins on the module and none of them would trigger the central locking. I tested the wires in the door. The only one that changes during the lock unlock sequence is the green wire with yellow strip however when i try grounding it or powering it, it does not lock or unlock the actuator.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2015 at 4:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Don't bother that means you have built in C/locking you don't need a kit the other method would be to find the lock motor wires, somewhere after the receiver for the remote control or driver door.
dekkerboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2015 at 4:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dekkerboy
I tried going direct to the actuator and cannot get it to trigger. It has 4 wires. 2 are allways powered, one changes to 0v and 12v when locked and unlocked and the other seems to go from 12v to 0 back to 12v. I have tried directly powering the wire that goes from 12v to 0v via both negative and positive triggering but nothing seems to make the motor move.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2015 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
The two that change are the motor wires. You can't power them directly, its a disconnect, they both sit on ground at rest, look on this site, relay section, 5 wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2015 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Go to here:-   https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#4w
Third diagram down.
dekkerboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2015 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dekkerboy
I looked at those diagrams i have no switch. I believe then it is the 4th diagram down. My alarm system i believe does do the reverse polarity type system on board. So by rights if i connect my alarm output wires to those central locking wires in that fashion with reverse polairty setup on the alarm side it should work correctly?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic