the12volt.com spacer
icon

507m tilt sensor for 2015 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
txtruck88 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2015 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote txtruck88
I had a 5706v alarm system installed on my 2015 Silverado with a 507m tilt sensor by a certified installer. There has been a disagreement between the installer and myself on how this sensor should operate. I was able to lift tires completely off the ground and the alarm wouldn't sound. The installer did not cut the black or white wire on the sensor.The installer tried mounting the sensor in various places and even tried a different sensor to no avail. After an argument I left frustrated. I came here to see if first my expectations are correct and second to gather any info I could. My questions are as follows.
1) Based on video and reviews this sensor should sound well before I can get the tires off the ground? is this a fair expectation?
2) Is there any schematics or tips or work around for my model vehicle that I should look at or check out to see if the sensor is installed correctly?
3) Any other advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2015 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Is it mounted front to back in line with the vehicle and on a flat surface?
Frankly I hate them, I tell my customers to get an extra set of locking wheel nuts.
txtruck88 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2015 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote txtruck88
He had it mounted flat in the fuse box to the left of the steering wheel then tried center of truck on floor. It just seems regardless of where he placed it the sensor never replicated the sensitivity ive seen in videos and read about. Reviews online constantly state that users cant get their tires off the ground before it sounds but I can get mine about 4 inches off before, after a pause, it will finally sound. The reason I added it was because my tires were stolen and on my new ones I added gorilla locks for every nut and the nut is recessed inside the rim itself but I figured this would serve as a third layer of protection.
I noticed on the install sheet it stressed that the orange wire had to be correctly installed or it could lead the truck to not reset and recognize its resting inclination when the alarm is armed. Should I look into this or is a plug and play system?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2015 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Not plug and play, red to red H1, blue to blue H2, orange to orange H1.
txtruck88 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2015 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote txtruck88
In your experience is this sensor designed to be more sensitive than that I am describing? To me I cant see how it would serve much good if it is designed to act in the manner it is for me. Having said that is it possible that the wires could be incorrectly attached in a way that would enable the sensor to still work just very delayed?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2015 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Can't give you a clear answer because I personally feel it's a waste of time and money.
Frankly IMO, no sensor works as advertised, lots of adjustments, best of a bad bunch is the 508d field effect or proximity detector.
Then we used to put them in Mercedes Sprinters, stopped doing that now because it's positioned so high up in the headlining it picks up the International Space Station, we've gone back to glass break sensors.
I suggest they join the loops, one and I can't remember which increases sensitivity.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic