the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v + dball2 will not arm in silent mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kevinthien 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2015 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kevinthien
hey guys, i tried using the search function and it looks like one person had the same issue, but i can't view the thread.
anyways i have a 2012 toyota camry, with the smartkey, db all2 on the viper 5706v.
the alarm was working fine, but i noticed recently the silent arm (level 4) is not working properly.
basically when i try to arm in full silent ( level 4) the sound icon shows up and says FULL SILENT, then it says ARMED. and the sound icon goes away. there wasn't a second chirp on my car or anything.
i tried disconnecting the battery, but it didn't not solve anything.
does anyone have any suggestions? i would truly appreciate it.
kevinthien 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2015 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kevinthien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAYwJQyVSNU
heres a video i recorded
kevinthien 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2015 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kevinthien
i did soem trouble shooting with a friend in hawaii (who is a authorized direct tech) we tried reflashing the dball2, disconnected both sensors, we notice today that the level 2 (valet mode) when trying to arm on the remote, it says "not avail"
also when i arm the car, sometimes it chirps 3 times instead of two.
kevinthien 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2015 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kevinthien
sorry for so many posts, i dont see an edit button. but after playing with my alarm around, i have come to figure out that when arming in valet mode, i need to arm the car first, then try to arm in level 2.
same issue as in the video. so it looks like levels 2-4 i cannot correctly arm in those levels. it just "rearms"? ARMED in the regular black lock.
so we reflashed the dball2, i checked all the wirings, still the same issue. i dont know what else to try besides resetting the viper brain itself. (not sure how to do that)
but basically i was working on the door speakers of my car, i disconnected the battery because i didn't want it to drain from leaving the door open. could that may have triggered the issue?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic