the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

What if client claim alarm never went off?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2015 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Hi All!
I'm a one man vehicle security installer.I have a question to ask that's been on my mind every now and then as I work with different clients everyday.Some have very good personality and some have a very bad personality. What if a client comes back to me one day or call me to say that they broke into his/her car, took Valuables and the alarm never sounded.I've always wondered what I would say if something like this ever happens.I am a very neat installer,and very confident on all my installs,test after installation,and when the client comes back I test each and every trigger to make sure client see that everything works properly.all my installations comes with 2year guarantee and obviously theres no guarantee on theft.so what is my answer as I wouldn't even know if the client ever armed the system in the 1st place. Should I add some text on the receict (no guarantee on theft) or will that not sound good.I already have vehicle inpspection sheets for those clients who like to blame the installer.any advice would be much appreciated.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2015 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote icearrow6
Talk to your customers about the passive arming feature. This will automatically arm the vehicle if the owner forgets to set alarm. I would immediately test all triggers on the alarm. If you cant find any faults in the system, then the customer most likely forgot to set the alarm. Also they may have left a door ajar and thus obstructing the alarm operation.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2015 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Hi buddy! A very simple and powerfull answer,thanks a lot.I think I should also tell them to Regularly test the cars triggers every now and then and to read manuals to understand the system.Some customers can get very relaxed,most of them don't even read manuals they just know about pressing the remote.Anyway,i'm just preparing myself for the worst in the trade.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Sorry for late reply, I never do passive arm it drives people mad and NEVER EVER passive arm and lock.
Just fully demonstrate the system before it leaves you to show everything working.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Hi Howie! Yes the passive arm + lock can cause trouble (lock keys in car etc.I always test before the the car leaves to cover my back,I also ask them to test each trigger every month or so.The product I'm fitting is quite reliable,it never disappointed me unless the car start to leak in.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
What make?
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Its not for a specific car,was just a "what if question"
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No silly child, I meant what make alarm?
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Lol appologies! Its Autowatch Howie,best product in SA,but sure its poor in your eyes and overseas asyou guys are dealing with some high quality stuff that side.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Autowatch is actually extremely good, their instructions are a mess!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic