the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 GMC Yukon Viper 5906v Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Connect 2 RED / WHITE at the H3 heavy duty to a 12V+ constant.
evotires 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote evotires
howie ll wrote:
Connect 2 RED / WHITE at the H3 heavy duty to a 12V+ constant.
IF I can get the XK09 programmed again, I will get it a try. THANKS for the quick reply!
This is getting to be quite an expensive install if I have to switch to the DB-ALL2 unit. I have already purchased 2 XK09 units, and the Xloader2 to program them...2006 GMC Yukon Viper 5906v Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Connect the RED / white THEN try and program it.
evotires 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote evotires
howie ll wrote:
Connect the RED / white THEN try and program it.
howie 11, I appreciate your help. I still cannot get the XK09 to program. Following the instructions to a "T" and still cannot get it. SO frustrating when you are doing exactly what it tells you in the instructions, but it still will not flash the LED at all. The red LED just stays lit constantly.
And since I cannot get tech support from directed, I might have to order the DB-ALL2 like you recommended.
During step 2, I'm starting the vehicle, letting it run for a few minutes (NEVER see the LED blink- it just stays on). Then the rest of the steps, the LED just stays on, no blinks.
I'm following these instructions:
2006 GMC Yukon Viper 5906v Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Whoa!  Let's slow down a minute.  On the previous page you showed the XK09 w/PLXR firmware and the Type 6 install diagram.

Now you are showing the XK09 w/DLPKGM firmware Type 3 programming.  Very confusing.

Are you using an XK09 and with the PLXR firmware or with the DLPKGM firmware?

Grab your XKLoader2 cable and plug it back in.  Re-flash the XK09 with the DLPKGM firmware ( Ver 2.07 ) and follow this guide :

http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=7266&productid=447&firmwareid=2178  Use the Type 3 without
T-harness diagram.  Only two wire's to connect from the XK09 to the car and it does a whole lot more for you.

Soldering is fun!
evotires 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote evotires
kreg357 wrote:

Whoa!  Let's slow down a minute.  On the previous page you showed the XK09 w/PLXR firmware and the Type 6 install diagram.

Now you are showing the XK09 w/DLPKGM firmware Type 3 programming.  Very confusing.

Are you using an XK09 and with the PLXR firmware or with the DLPKGM firmware?

Grab your XKLoader2 cable and plug it back in.  Re-flash the XK09 with the DLPKGM firmware ( Ver 2.07 ) and follow this guide :

http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=7266&productid=447&firmwareid=2178  Use the Type 3 without
T-harness diagram.  Only two wire's to connect from the XK09 to the car and it does a whole lot more for you.

I just was looking at at that also. It appears I downloaded the wrong instructions and posted them. But yes, I have flashed the XK09 module with the Flash firmware 9.DLPKGM 2.07. (will bring both my XK09 modules in to reflash again just to be sure).
AND the only wire I have connected is the green wire to the violet on the OBD2 connector. Also the D2D wire to the viper. Do I need the RED / blue RAP OFF wire to be connected?
2006 GMC Yukon Viper 5906v Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

The RAP OFF wire will make the vehicle think a door was opened and closed immediately after a remote start shutdown.  This isn't a

big deal with a standard radio ( no aftermarket amp ).  The vehicle Retained Accessory Power shutdown takes a bit longer to happen.

As Howard mentioned, make sure you have all the R/S +12V power inputs connected.  There should be a thin Red and thick Red,

RED / Black and RED / White plus the fused input wire from the extra relay.  If you noticed on the Pictorial, there are two +12V constant
wires, one Red and the other RED / White.  Split the load between them.

Soldering is fun!
evotires 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote evotires
I really appreciate the help guys, but I gotta head in to my night job now. So won't have time to work on the truck until tomorrow morning. Lucky I have 2 cars I guess. The yukon has already been down on this install now for a week.
I have no idea how I got the module programmed the first time (multiple tries and a combination of 2 different install instructions I suppose), but it did work the lock/unlock while using the viper remote. So I figured it was programmed except the RS wouldn't work. This morning is when I decided to re-flash and reprogram the XK09.
It WAS installed with the yellow and yellow black wires like the PLX instructions mentioned. But now is back to only the green wire hooked up per the PLPKGM install.
evotires 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote evotires
kreg357 wrote:

The RAP OFF wire will make the vehicle think a door was opened and closed immediately after a remote start shutdown.  This isn't a

big deal with a standard radio ( no aftermarket amp ).  The vehicle Retained Accessory Power shutdown takes a bit longer to happen.

As Howard mentioned, make sure you have all the R/S +12V power inputs connected.  There should be a thin Red and thick Red,

RED / Black and RED / White plus the fused input wire from the extra relay.  If you noticed on the Pictorial, there are two +12V constant
wires, one Red and the other RED / White.  Split the load between them.

I do NOT have the RED / blue RAP OFF wire connected to anything at the moment. I do have an aftermarket amplifier installed for subwoofers.
I will come back tomorrow morning and keep messing with it.
kreg357 
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

If you leave the radio on, connecting the RAP OFF wire is a good idea.  It will save the battery.  The RAP OFF wire has no impact on programming the bypass module to the vehicle.

Do a re-flash on the XK09 to reset everything.  At Step 2, turn the key to START and hold it there ( about 5 seconds ).  The vehicle has built in anti-grind so it shouldn't over crank or hurt the starter motor.  See if that helps.

I have never used an XK09 w/DLPKGM.  My favorite bypass for these vehicles is the Fortin INT-SL+ or the iDatalink offerings.  Very reliable and easy to program.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic