the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe With Bose, Pioneer 4100NEX Install Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2015 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vt_hokie2008
Installing a Pioneer 4100NEX in a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe with Bose without Navigation. Using a Axxess GMOS-LAN-012 harness and an Axxess ASWC-1 for steering wheel controls.
Issues:
1) No sound from rear speakers. The fronts are working fine, but absolutely no sound from the rear.
2) Fronts sound like the headunit volume is turned up very loud with a very low input level, essentially white noise (not horrible, but noticeable)
Ideas? I've heard that there are two models of Bose amplifier for this model Tahoe and that you have to wire them differently, however I'm not sure of a way to determine which one the Tahoe has.
That's what I've run into so far. I've been so focused on getting the rear speakers working that I haven't actually checked other items apart from a rear view camera. Thanks in advance!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 20, 2015 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Did you catch this part of the instructions? The very bottom
does not come
equipped with a digital amplifier:
For analog amplified models ONLY:
Connect the
Green
wire to the left rear positive speaker output.
Connect the
GREEN/ Black
wire to the left rear negative speaker output.
Connect the
Purple
wire to the right rear positive speaker output.
Connect the
PURPLE / Black
wire to the right rear negative output.
Disconnect the 4-pin harness located between the 14-pin and
22-pin harness, and then connect the supplied 4-pin to 4-pin resistor
pad harness
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2015 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vt_hokie2008
I did see that, but wasn't sure it applied to my application as I'm not sure if I have a digital or analog amplifier.
Also, instructions say:
From the 22-pin harness to the aftermarket radio:
•       Connect the Black wire with the ring terminal to the radio chassis using ISO screws that are supplied with the radio.
Note: This wire must be connected as instructed otherwise the interface will not be functional.
Is it okay to just add this to the black ground wire that's already in the harness?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 20, 2015 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
That should be ok. The chassis of the radio is electrically the same as the radio's ground wire.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2015 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
You do not have a digital amp in that year for a Tahoe. It was only in the Denali versions of the Yukon and Escalades. Make sure that if you have rear seat audio controls, they are turned OFF.
sparky
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2015 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vt_hokie2008
sparkie wrote:
You do not have a digital amp in that year for a Tahoe. It was only in the Denali versions of the Yukon and Escalades. Make sure that if you have rear seat audio controls, they are turned OFF.
I do have rear seat audio controls, I'll check those. I also have dealer installed headrest monitors, so I'm curious to see how those are hooked up to see if I can have them act as my rear screens from the front screen. Any idea?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2015 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
Depending on the system there may be aux inputs on the main control box for audio and video. Check under the drink tray in the center console as this is a popular mounting location for it.
sparky
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2015 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vt_hokie2008
Well, got everything wired correctly (haven't tried the rear headrest screen stuff) and it works great, then I did the Pioneer firmware update and it's stuck in a loop now and it failed. Called Crutchfield and they had the same result, so now off to Pioneer tech support. Thanks for the help everyone!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic