the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v Valet Mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtsu_bravo 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mtsu_bravo
I think I may have some how deleted the remote pairing and locked the viper in valet mode. The LED on the dash stays solid which indicates valet mode best I can tell. The remotes I accidentally removed when trying to reset the system. Any way to do a hard factory reset or get it out of valet mode without the remotes????
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Use the following steps to manually enter and exit Valet Mode:
1. Turn the ignition switch On and then Off
2. Immediately press and release the control button once
3. The control center LED turns On when entering and Off when
exiting.
Couldn't YOU have turned to page 41 in the owner's manual?
mtsu_bravo 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mtsu_bravo
That doesn't work, that is why I was asking for a hard reset. The light is solid the entire time. I cant get it to go off even with the ignition started.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2015 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Try grounding the green at H2 connector on the Viper.
One other possibility is a poor ground, test the voltage between your grounding point and any of the input fuses.
kc9udx 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2017 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kc9udx
mtsu_bravo wrote:
That doesn't work, that is why I was asking for a hard reset. The light is solid the entire time. I cant get it to go off even with the ignition started.
Did you ever figure this out?
I have the same issue. The light is always on solid, no matter what I do. The control button does not seem to do anything at all. (Is there a safe way to test this button?)
I can lock/unlock, but cannot remote start because there's an error in the configuration for MTS (7 flashes code). I have an automatic transmission but cannot select this option because the control button does not seem to work.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic