the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper Status Output and Starter Output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stanward 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2015 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stanward
Hello,
I am looking at installing a Viper 5706 in my 1996 Infiniti I30. I am doing my "homework" well in advanced (mapping out the wiring in the car as well as writing notes on the install guide).
Last alarm I installed was an Avantguard 5 in my Hardbody truck.
I have a few questions:
1. I am looking at adding a relay to the remote start, to bypass my clutch pedal switch. Do I use H2/5 dark blue(status output) or H2/21 vio/yel(starter output)?
2. Do I need to connect one of the Aux outputs to the H2/11 wht/blu to remotely activate the remote start?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2015 at 4:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
1) Either, violet / YELLOW preferred.
2) No. Usually only used by installers for testing.
stanward 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2015 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stanward
Thank you Howie II!
I have a question on the H2/11 wht/blu (labelled ACTIVATION INPUT). So do I just leave this wire not connected?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2015 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes unless you're using it for rear defrost.
stanward 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stanward
Thank you Howie II.
I have a question in regards to the interface of this alarm with the 535t Window Module.
1. H2/3 RED / Wht (Auxiliary Input), what wire does this go to on the 5706 alarm? What is the function of this wire?
2. H2/4 Org (Ground when armed), what is the function of this wire? The instruction mention that "This wire can also be connected to an aux channel of the security system".
3. H3/5 Brn, "Siren trigger close input", is this the only way to get the alarm to automatically roll up the windows when armed (is to have the siren chirp)?
Thank you,
Stan
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
1) Any of the aux outputs at H2, vent and fully open window.
2) Believe it or not the orange connects to orange at H1
3) Windows will close on arm, if you've already vented or fully opened the windows, this will close the windows in the event of alarm triggering.
All of your questions would be answered if DEI produced installation guides for amateurs but then we'd be out of a job.
stanward 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stanward
Thank you again Howie II!
2) I assume the function of this wire is to enable the unit to roll up the windows when the alarm is armed? I didn't understand why one would want to connect it to an aux channel in the first place.
Thank you again,
Stan
howie ll wrote:
1) Any of the aux outputs at H2, vent and fully open window.
2) Believe it or not the orange connects to orange at H1
3) Windows will close on arm, if you've already vented or fully opened the windows, this will close the windows in the event of alarm triggering.
All of your questions would be answered if DEI produced installation guides for amateurs but then we'd be out of a job.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Called a GWA or ground on arm, also used for other immobilisation circuits if needed you could simply daisy chain other relays for ignition, fuel pump etc. NOT recommended.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic