the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 GM TNR Low Level Audio Out split = degrade?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 08, 2015 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If you are concerned about the crossover point being too high on the bose output, use the crossover built into your aftermarket amplifier.
To answer your last question, Years of seeing people attempting to reinvent the wheel only to later find out it rolled easy enough and did not need any improving.
It only chimes out of the front left speaker. Use rear speaker feed if you still insist on reinventing the wheel.
dodici volta 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2015 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dodici volta
i am an idiot wrote:
If you are concerned about the crossover point being too high on the bose output, use the crossover built into your aftermarket amplifier.
I don't understand this. Isn't it true that an aftermarket amplifier can only crossover the frequencies it receives? If the Bose subwoofer output is already frequency cut, how can the crossover in the aftermarket amplifier add those frequencies back, or cross them over?
My concern was that if I used an LOC on the Bose subwoofer outs, then I would not be sending the aftermarket amplifier the full range signal.   The Bose factory subwoofer is only 5.25". It may not have the capability of reproducing the low frequencies that an 8" subwoofer might be able to reproduce. So if the Bose amp subwoofer output is only designed to feed this small 5.25" subwoofer, isn't it likely that the output frequencies are limited, and higher, than what would be desired in an aftermarket sub?
i am an idiot wrote:
Years of seeing people attempting to reinvent the wheel only to later find out it rolled easy enough and did not need any improving.
I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, I'm trying to understand the wheel. I can't help it if I didn't know wheels existed. I wasn't born all knowing. That's why I'm asking questions... and believe me when I say how much I appreciate your taking the time to answer them!
i am an idiot wrote:
It only chimes out of the front left speaker. Use rear speaker feed if you still insist on reinventing the wheel.
My concern with using the rear speaker feed is the deafening feedback others with similar vehicles have reported when someone in the back seat presses the Rear Seat Audio enable button. I don't want to disable the Rear Seat Audio function in the vehicle, so I'm trying to learn what the best course of action is.
talarchevy 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2015 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote talarchevy
Yes, I agree, the RSE can be a pain. You don't need to feed all 4ch low level inputs into the sub amp, especially if it's a mono amp. Your new sub amp should have a nice built in low pass crossover, use that to filter out the highs. If you want true low pass audio input into the sub amp then I recommend using a LOC on the bose subwoofer output. There's always too many ways to skin a cat. I enjoyed messing around with my GM bose setup, trying to find out what worked best for me. Once you start, you'll want to do more. In my honest opinion stock GM bose speakers sound great with an aftermarket 4ch amp at HPF'S set to 100hz.But that's a different post thread, lol. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.
Go BIG or go Home                                    it might not be broke, but lets fix it anyway
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic