the12volt.com spacer
icon

Scytek A10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sicksix 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2015 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sicksix
I need help with my wife's Scytek A10 that was installed from the dealer on her 2007 Nissan Sentra. It has a 2 button remote. When you would lock the doors, the siren would chirp. LED light would flash advising its armed. Now all she has is the ability to unlock her doors but the alarm will not arm. LED is solid red. Fuses on the alarm are good. I can enter into the programming mode by turning on the ignition and pressing the valet button 5 times. It makes a long chirping sound. But I cannot figure out for the life of me how to reset the alarm to factory default. In the manual it says to press transmitter button 3 but the thing only has 2 buttons. From the sound of what this alarm is doing, can you give me a clue as to what is wrong?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2015 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Sounds like you are in Valet Mode.  Try this procedure to exit Valet Mode:

Valet Mode

The Valet Mode temporarily disables the security system so the vehicle may be operated by a mechanic or parking attendant.
To activate or deactivate the Valet Mode:
1. Turn on the ignition.
2. Press and hold the override switch for 5 seconds.
    · The siren will chirp once and the LED light will stay ON to confirm the Valet Mode is on.
    · The siren will chirp twice and the LED light will turn OFF to confirm the Valet Mode is off.
3. Turn off the ignition.

While in Valet Mode the remote transmitters will continue to lock and unlock the doors, and operate the optional auxiliary functions
optional auxiliary functions.

Soldering is fun!
sicksix 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2015 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sicksix
That was it! Thank you so much!!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2015 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Sure, glad to help.  Here is a link to the entire A-10 User Guide for future reference :

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/149719/Scytek-Electronic-Vehicle-Security-System-A10.html#manual

Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic