the12volt.com spacer
icon

4706V, Car Battery Died

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beedix 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2015 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beedix
So I have a Viper 4706V that I installed a few years ago. It's worked great up until today. When I attempt to remote start, I can hear it begin to crank, but it stops the attempt after maybe 0.5 seconds...not long enough to turn over the engine. It's never previously initiated such a short crank and I'm not sure if there is a setting to adjust? I can't seem to find a complete programming manual.      
Honestly, I probably haven't used it in a few months so I'm not 100% sure when it initially failed.
It could be coincidental, but my car sat dormant for 2.5 weeks and the battery just happened to die.
Any ideas on what to check? Tonight, I was going to see if the failed attempts produce a parking light flash code.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2015 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
Try disconnecting the power from the module for a minute or so. Unplug it and then plug it back in. The module may be in logic lock up. It is a common occurrence after batteries go dead and are boosted.
sparky
beedix 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2015 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beedix
Bingo, thanks for the diagnosis Sparky. Started like a champ after reconnecting the battery.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic