the12volt.com spacer
icon

Passat B6, 5906V/DBALL2, Remote Start issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aaronx2 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2015 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aaronx2
Hi guys.
I'm wiring up a 2007 VW Passat B6 with a Viper 5906v and a Xpresskit DBALL2 with 3.83 Firmware (402.VW02). They are wired up D2D.
Thanks to the previous posts in this forum, i've been able to get the RS wired up and everything seems to be working.. AS long as I use only the Viper remotes.
If I were to unlock/lock the car with the stock factory remote, upon the next remote start try, the ignition comes on, the DBALL2 blinks RED / amber alternate (trying to start), and it stays that way - the car never tries to remote start.
After that, the only way I can get the car to successfully remote start again is if I cycle power to the DBALL2. And again, it only works so as long as I do not use the stock factory remote... then it stops working until the DBALL gets power cycled.
Any help would be appreciated, it's almost there save this rather annoying issue.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2015 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Might seem like a cynical answer but over here in the UK I've done loads of installs with the DB-ALL2 and that software, never had that problem because I don't use the OEM remote, only the Viper.
Have you removed the battery from the key that's left in the vehicle?
aaronx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2015 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aaronx2
Howie,
it's just the immo pellet in the car, no remote left in.
Was there any specific settings on the 5906v and the DBALL2 that you used?
I can consistently remote start the car as long as I don't use the factory remote, otherwise it simply won't work until I cycle the power on the DBALL2.
Everything else works well.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2015 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Remove the pellet from the factory remote, I wonder if they are talking to each other. Second thought get a plain (chipped) key cut and use a 556U, I think that's your answer, because I think the chip (pellet) is telling the BCM that there's a key in the ignition so it won't lock. Kind of wireless key sense.
aaronx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2015 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aaronx2
Howie, i'm pretty sure all B6s use a slot-in keyport remote, there are no plain keys.
Are you speaking from specific experience on the B6 or generally on a VW?
I'm using a RFLUB in conjunction with the DBALL2, it only sends signals when the RS is activated, if i put in a key without the pellet, it doesn't start.
BTW, i've removed the pellet and placed it in the keyport slot by itself for testing. exact same issue too.
BTW, the issue isn't that it can't lock, it can't remote start after the factory remote is used to arm/disarm the car..
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2015 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Generally the instructions when you have that sort of key say to wrap it and wrap a loop then activate it via a relay off the status wire, refer to page one of the DB-ALL vehicle specific instructions.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2015 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Page 3 sorry.
aaronx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2015 at 4:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aaronx2
Hi Howie,
I've established that the pellet connection/placement method is not related to the remote start problems as the issue exhibits itself only when the factory remote is used. Otherwise, it's just peachy.
BTW< RFLUB is a readymade transponder "loop" solution for use with DBALL* kits.
Probably will switch out a DBALL with the DBALL2 just to see if it helps.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic