the12volt.com spacer
icon

BMW e39 Window connections

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmbarnes2 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2015 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jmbarnes2
Trying to install ScyTek WR-8-4 for the auto up/ down on the front two windows of a 1999 BMW e39.I have conducted several searches to locate the correct wires in the vehicle and have come up empty. Can anyone assist with these connection.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2015 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Wire at the motors.
jmbarnes2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2015 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jmbarnes2
So to understand correctly. I need to run wires from each motor and not from just the drivers door?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2015 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2015 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Of course, there's a much simpler way.
When I do alarms or R/S go to the driver's door, rear of window switch, thin blue/red (lock) thin BLACK/ white (unlock).
Timed (NEG)on lock around 15 seconds to close windows and roof, timed or momentary to open windows roof or simply vent.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2015 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
It's just occurred to me that if you want to use the SkyTek device, there's a body controller in the vehicle with all the motor ups and downs, I neither know location nor wire colour on that vehicle.
jmbarnes2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2015 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jmbarnes2
OK, Thanks a bunch
jmbarnes2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2015 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jmbarnes2
Howie,
you mentioned
"Of course, there's a much simpler way.
When I do alarms or R/S go to the driver's door, rear of window switch, thin blue/red (lock) thin BLACK/ white (unlock).
Timed (NEG)on lock around 15 seconds to close windows and roof, timed or momentary to open windows roof or simply vent."
I have located these wires for the lock, but how is this done?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2015 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
One assumes your unit has aux outputs which can be set to timed then, aux 1 to lock wire, aux 2 to unlock.
jmbarnes2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2015 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jmbarnes2
yes it does have auxilary outputs that can be programed. I am using an Al-1860 a lot. I like your option alot better just need to understand how to do it.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic