the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 3105V to operate Linear Actuator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
claytonr2008 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2015 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote claytonr2008
As the title states I am wanting to operate a linear actuator at a distance using a Viper 3105V car alarm. I am using a 12V deer feeder battery and solar panel to close a hog trap from a distance. The actuator is of course a 12V and has a 3 second stroke. When the polarity is reversed the actuator motion is reversed. I understand this to be a two relay set-up and also have purchased to time controlled relays so control the stroke time. The issue I am having is getting any output from my alarm. Im new to installing alarms so im thinking I may have trigger wires in the wrong place or some issue not letting the alarm send a signal. If possible I would like the unlock button to make the actuator go one way and lock go the opposite. Thanks in advance for any help, and as always, PICTURES ARE HELPFUL!
Clayton Reynolds
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2015 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
The Green and Blue wires in the small 2wire/3pin plug will give you a programmable negative trigger for lock and unlock. .4 .8 and 3.5 sec I think.
claytonr2008 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2015 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote claytonr2008
okay, so I have hooked up the positive, negative and accessory wires and the (GREEN/ blue) wires are not emitting a signal when lock/unlock are pressed. I am thinking there are more wires to be hooked up or possibly an output setting that needs to be changed
Clayton Reynolds
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2015 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Disconnect the ACC that's the ignition input that STOPS the alarm from working, i.e. the alarm thinks the engine is on so won't work.
Buy a DEI 451 module, plugs straight into the lock unlock wires, double relay package, wire as adding door actuators.
claytonr2008 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2015 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote claytonr2008
I hooked it up without the accessory wire like stated above per this relay diagram in the following link https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram4.html
Im using the green and blue door lock signal wires. Still no luck getting signal to the relays, instead as I hook up the blue signal wire you hear the relay click and the actuator closes by itself without the push of the key FOB button. How do I know whether I have a + or - signal output as both options are shown on the wiring diagram. Below is the diagram I am following. Im thinking I need to try it as it is sending a + output rather than the - which I have been trying. Also the factory setting is a .8 second pulse. Does anyone have a link or any information to make that into the 3.5 sec pulse which is also an option, without having to take it in to an alarm shop?
Viper 3105V to operate Linear Actuator -- posted image.
Clayton Reynolds
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2015 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
That unit only needs the red and black for power, the antenna plugged in and that's it.   You don't have the directions for changing the programming?
claytonr2008 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2015 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote claytonr2008
I have the instructions but there are no programming instructions, not that I can find.
Clayton Reynolds
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2015 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
. Use a 451 plug in module save all the questions you asked in your last post, no programing needed.
Why am I having to repeat. Myself?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic