the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Subaru Legacy Puddle Lights/Viper 59

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jojorios 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2015 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jojorios
I have had my Viper 5902 installed for quite some time now on my 2012 Subaru legacy but one thing that has always bothered me is that I lost the functionality of my puddle lights with it. They only work if I use the Subaru FOB. Is there a way to wire the puddle lights with the 5902 so they go on and off with the dome lights when I use the viper remote? I am reading through the Viper instructions and I think it would involve the wire labeled H1/9 BLACK/ White Dome light output to a relay. I am just not sure exactly which/where I should in the legacy. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction if.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76
None of the diagrams I have show wires for those, so unfortunately we may not be able to help with wire colors. You may try a vehicle specific forum to get the wire colors in the car. If they cant help with wiring it up, come back here after you have verified the wiring in the car and we should be able to help with setting up the Viper. 2012 Subaru Legacy Puddle Lights/Viper 59 -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
jojorios 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2015 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jojorios
Thanks for the response. I have been looking through the Legacy Wiring and it looks like the puddle lights are connected directly to the BIU and not to a relay. So i'm thinking that it cannot be done without cutting the puddle light wiring and setting something new up with a relay.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2015 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76
Sounds resonable. By chance do you know if the lights are LED?
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic