the12volt.com spacer
icon

Failing at my Dball2 install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
reefcrazed 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote reefcrazed
I am going to attempt to have all the information I can think of in this post. If more information is needed, please let me know. I have wired up many things before but car alarms can be a bit confusing. From reading the Dball2 was supposed to lessen the wiring so I attempted it myself. The installation shops in my area seem rather shady, I really do not trust my car to just anyone. I also do not think most installers here will do a tidy job with the wires like I would. Okay so on to what I have.
Directed Electronics Inc XKLOADER2 XpressKit
XpressKit DBALL2 Databus All Combo Bypass Module
Viper 5706V 2-way Security System w/Remote
Right now the car will arm/disarm and the lights flash. The siren works fine. I have flashed the Dball2 with the firmware DBALL2- 402.MA2 v3.11, I could not get DBALL2- 402.MAZDA v1.10.14 to work at all. This is what happens during the programming process. I hold down the programming button while plugging in my 4 pin wire, wait till the light turns steady read. I then release the button and put in my first key, the light goes flashing green. Quickly I put in my second key and then the light flashes orange. I am not sure if orange is what I need, different manuals say different things. The next step I click the remote start button while holding down the programming button the DBall2 and I just get a remote start error on the remote with I count 7 flashes of the parking lights.
Okay, now on to possible things I have down wrong. The pink wire for ignition input on the Dball2 I connected to the thin pink wire on the Viper, not the thick pink wire. I do not even have the heavy gauge plug on the viper wired at all. I have no read anything clear on this being needed to be wired at all. From what I would think, the Dball2 contacts the cars computer to remote start and should not need anything wired directly to the starter. Am I right on that? Also I have not wired in the dock lock output either, I am not sure what the footnote means about MUX.
This is a link to the firmware page, have to be logged in. http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=402&year=2008&make=Mazda&model=3&ps=1&s=0&c=0
This is a link to the install guide I have been going by. http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=9814&productid=553&firmwareid=6814
I do have both keys to the car but I would be willing to try Key2go except none of these local Viper dealers seem to be willing to let me pay just for the firmare update. I have also thought about ordering a second Dball2 from EBay with the firmware for Key2go installed.
reefcrazed 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote reefcrazed
I forgot an important thing, the car is a 2008 Mazda3
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote icearrow6
7 flashes means the alarm is set to Manual Transmission mode.
Is the car automatic trans? If so change it in menu 3, item 1, option 2.
Also, the neutral switch needs to be on, as well as BLACK/ white wire grounded (-) on the auxiliary 24pin harness.
reefcrazed 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote reefcrazed
icearrow6 wrote:
7 flashes means the alarm is set to Manual Transmission mode.
Is the car automatic trans? If so change it in menu 3, item 1, option 2.
Also, the neutral switch needs to be on, as well as BLACK/ white wire grounded (-) on the auxiliary 24pin harness.
Yes, it is an automatic. I will ground that BLACK/ white wire right now. I cannot get the alarm to let me go through the menus. I am guessing the command button is what I put up on my dash? Right now it is doing three blue flashes. I held the button down for at least 30 seconds, no beeps.
I think i am really close on this...
reefcrazed 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote reefcrazed
I grounded the green lead coming out of the Viper's 24 pin connector to ground, I am guessing this will close the door switch? The control center button still does nothing. I read threads where people had bent pins on the connector, I do not. The light works fine though, but the button is not working. This is a brand new unit so I am inclined to think I have something wrong in why I cannot program it.
reefcrazed 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote reefcrazed
Main Harness, 6-pin connector
1     Red (+) 12 VDC Constant Input+12V Constant
2     Black (-) Chassis Ground       Chassis Ground
3     Brown (+) Siren Output        Red to Siren     RED / Black to Ground
4     WHITE/ Brown    Parking Light Isolation Wire – Pin 87a onboard relay NC
5     White Parking Light Output     To parking lights on ignition switch
6     Orange (-) 500mA Ground when armed output     NC
Door Lock, 3-pin connector
1     Blue (-) 500 mA Unlock Output NC
2     Empty
3     Green (-) 500mA Lock Output NC
Remote Start, 10-pin heavy gauge connector
1     NCNo Connection
2     RED / Black (+) Fused 12V Accessory/Starter Input IGNITION - Constant 12v
3     Pink/Black (+) Flex Relay Input 87A key side       NC
4     Pink/White (+) Ignition 2/ Flex Relay Output       NC
5     Red(+) Fused 12V Ignition 1 Input     IGNITION - Constant 12v
6     Green (+) Starter Input (Key side of the starter kill) NC
7     Violet (+) Starter Output (Car Side of starter kill)  NC
8     Orange (+) Accessory Output        NC
9     RED / White (+) Fused 12V Ignition 2 / Flex Relay Input 87 NC
10     Pink (+) Ignition 1 Input / Output To pink on dball
Auxiliary/Shutdown/Trigger Harness, 24-pin connector
1     PNK/White (-) 200mA Ignition 2 / Flex Output     NC
2     Blue/White (-) 200mA 2nd Status/ Rear Defogger Output NC
3     RED / White (-) 200mA Trunk Release Output     NC
4     BLACK / YELLOW     (-) 200mA Dome Light Output NC
5     Dark Blue (-) 200mA Status Output NC
6     WHITE/ Black     (-) 200mA Aux 3 OutputNC
7     WHITE/ Violet     (-) 200mA Aux 1 OutputNC
8     ORANGE / Black     (-) 200mA Aux 4 OutputNC
9     Gray (-) Hood Pin InputNC
10     Blue (-) Trunk Pin/Instant Trigger Input     NC
11     WHITE/ Blue Activation Input NC
12     Violet/White*     Tachometer Input     NC
13     BLACK/ White**     (-) Neutral Safety/Parking Brake Input Chassis Ground
14     GREEN/ Black     (-) 200 mA Factory Alarm Disarm Output NC
15     Green* (-) Door Input NC
16     BROWN / Black     (-) 200mA Horn Honk Output NC
17     Pink (-) 200mA Ignition 1 Output NC
18     Violet* (+) Door Input NC
19     Violet/Black (-) 200 mA Aux 2 Output NC
20     Brown (+) Brake Shutdown Input  NC
21     Violet / YELLOW     (-) 200mA Starter Output NC
22     Gray/Black (-) Diesel Wait to Start Input NC
23     Orange (-) 200 mA Accessory Output NC
24     GREEN / WHITE     (-) 200mA Factory Alarm Arm Output     NC
reefcrazed 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote reefcrazed
Okay, found a mistake I made. The pink wire I had going to the Dball needs to go to the ignition. After I did that, I could run through the programming on the Viper. Little tedious going through those menus but now I think I have the keys programmed. Now when I click remote start I see some action. The car acts like it is about to start but the red security switch on the car status panel stays on and nothing happens. It could be something simple at this point, I am not sure.
icearrow6 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote icearrow6
the pink ignition output wire needs to go to the DBALL2 and the Car. same wire to both.
icearrow6 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote icearrow6
Remote Start, 10-pin heavy gauge connector
From this you need the Accessory,Starter, and Ignition to the CAR.
icearrow6 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote icearrow6
Also on the Auxilary 24pin
"20     Brown (+) Brake Shutdown Input  NC "
Connect this wire to the brake pedal WHITE/ tan (+)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic